Cletus' Crossfire Build n Mods

Sorry Cletus I will have to change my mind and promote the no enlargement bandwagon.
I see that you would most likely not post anymore in this forum if you went on to build your own larger table…?.?unless that build was all from Langmuir parts .

Are you kidding? With the audience he has here? Cletus has found a home here! :rofl:
If course, if he’s sleeping in the doghouse because of this, then maybe he won’t be able to do any posting…

1 Like

Hahahaha! … well right now it’s a pie in the sky thing. Let’s see how it works out, down the road. Love my Crossfire even more now. Next steps XL kit (I can afford another foot of space) and Automation Direct KSK-AP-4H proximity sensors.

I’m looking forward to watching you tear apart your working system to upgrade to XL! The good news is that you have Z & THC working and that will be able to deal with the extra ‘features’ of the XL.

Good Morning Tom,
" revision 3/2/07 – Removed final safety move. This is now done in SheetCam"

Regarding above, are you referring to the use of the “Parking” function in SheetCam instead?

No, it should read: Removed final Safe Z move…
Parking lot is something else under Options->Job->Parking tab. You can use it to set a position that is removed from the cutting area after the job is completed. I sometimes use this to move to an area where the post flow is blocked off from the water table (like a solid area of metal, or a ‘parking’ spot totally removed from the scrap.

That’s exactly what I’m about to setup, thanks.

So, this is probably the coolest machine in the shop right now. Needed a couple fender washers today 2"od x 0.25"id for a hospital project I’m working on, was much easier to just make them than to get dressed and drive out to the hardware store! …now, if that’s not cool, what is? :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes it is nice and the good thing is you can make them any size you want.

And isn’t it something you always wanted to do in your jammies?!

1 Like

Well, now that you mention it… :rofl:

My pierce height is currently setup at 0.120" and my cutting height is 0.060". Any recommendations on pierce delays for the various thicknesses of materials?

Depends a bit on what cutter you’re using. Hypertherms need to be a tad longer to account for relay speeds. Delay will need to be longer for thicker material as well. I just set up a tool profile for 3/8 steel with just over 1 second of a delay.

1 Like

Right now I’m running 400ms for thin stuff like 16g. Will experiment progressively higher for thicker stuff. Also, I had my swirl-ring counter-clockwise, flipped it and it made quite a bit of difference.

Just cut a small sign for a restaurant and bar in Tobago out of 16g

1 Like

Just did some electrical panel work using the same 16g galv steel. This time I notice the torch dives hard into the sheet after every cut before going to the safe height and rapiding to the next cut location. There’s nothing in the gcode to cause this, hell I even did a dry run and it did not happen. It therefore must be coming from the THC. Any recommendations / ideas on this?

Yeah, tighten your window (‘A’ value) so that the THC doesn’t respond to the large voltage excursion when the piece falls free. I have mine set to 20 and could probably reduce it to 10 without any problem.

1 Like

Great, Thanks Tom.
That was really scary, it like dove really hard into the work piece every time. Nearly ruined the piece! :grimacing:

Not to mention your torch… and your Z axis…

Don’t even wanna think about that!:crazy_face: