Best (cheapest) place to buy Hypertherm consumables

where is everyone getting their hypertherm consumables?

i’ve finally burned through all of the ones i bought a few years ago with my 45XP & machine torch. cut some 3/8 plate last night and it was anything but pretty. thought i had a good set of consumables but i was wrong.

Right now you can buy the electrodes on Amazon for the lowest price I have ever purchased:

You will need to wait until after Nov. 15th for them to arrive, but maybe stock up. I happened on to this last night. $32 + $5 shipping + tax.

The listing says for Hypertherm 85 but it is the exact part number 220842 that Hypertherm 45XP uses and it is authentic Hypertherm.

2 Likes

@mechanic416 …he might be able to help…https://www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com/

2 Likes

thanks, i wasn’t sure if there was a vendor outside of amazon that was cheaper. sometimes prime isn’t always the best price and some webpages just don’t show up in the googles

these guys might actually be cheaper if you are buying a large quantity, flat rate $15 shipping
$93 for 5 each nozzles and electrodes. not sure if they are charging tax or not, i know they are supposed to, but not all interweb companies do.

1 Like

i bought 2 packs of nozzles on the 8th for $86 and no tax $$ to our corrupt state.

…and they sent the package via fedex and it arrived 2 days later.

1 Like

I just did too. You can’t find nozzles any cheaper.

Incidentally, today I experimented with some knock-off nozzles that I got from Amazon. The first 16 seconds seemed like they would work but then it was a mess. Never again. Only Hypertherm consumables from now on.

The rest of these nozzles are going in the trash (well, maybe I should return them :thinking:) If they won’t take the return, I will certainly give them a review they won’t like.

3 Likes

You should give them an honest review no matter what. But, especially if they’re crap.

4 Likes

I was able to return both. And they allowed me to check that the package was “opened and the product was used.” That triggered a second box for me to explain what happened.

Basically I said that my machine was working perfectly so I swapped their product in, the cut/performance deteriorated drastically. I swapped their product out and put my used consumables back in and it worked perfectly, again.

Lesson learned. Thankfully, it was not costly. And Tom, you are very right. After everything is settled, I will give an honest review and probably give 3 stars for them allowing me to try their product risk free.

Since I have talked about it so much, I might as well share for this group what I tried. And I repeat, I am NOT RECOMMENDING these items:

Speaking of, would these be the correct set for a T45-style torch?

They’re just shaped oddly compared to actual Hypertherm tips.

If you are asking me, I would steer clear but I don’t have specific experience with those nozzle tips and that torch.

First the top ebay add is my add and no were in the add does it say they are for a Hypertherm torch.

Now that being said I have tested them, the electrodes, swirl rings and retaining cups on a T45 Hypertherm torch and they have preformed very well.

I will also say these come from the same manufacture that makes all the Lincoln torch’s and consumables.

3 Likes

I cut more things than any hobbyist should and have had great luck with these off Amazon. I ordered beginning of the year and have over half of them still left. I did have one of them go after maybe 50-100 pierces. I change both out if I change one of them. I’m huge fan of hyperthem but these days it’s not called “cheap” its called “money savvy”

I live in Michigan so that could be a little bit of a factor. I open drain valve on bottom of compressor before running. I don’t have a fancy moisture setup. Just m60 and tru-flate desiccant. I still have few of these left.

zohar-sony

Are you calling me a lier !!!, A scammer or what???

1 Like

Not at all. You ever see “You don’t mess with the Zohan” ?

Kirkland batteries are made in the Duracell batteries plant. Lots of OEM manufactures produce different versions of the same products in the same factory.

tenor

1 Like

The only reason I do not sell Hypertherm and Lincoln consumables is because I am not a dealer and Tecmo will not sell them to me for resale. And I can’t blame them as I wouldn’t want to lose there business.

3 Likes

@mechanic416 I understand ,I buy Kirkland batteries and they work great for me.
I was trying to be funny not get a negative rise out of you.
As my business partner says “Don t hurt my feeling I only have one left”

2 Likes

I get mine from Baker’s Gas. Prices are reasonable and I know I’m getting genuine Hypertherm parts.

3 Likes