Hypertherm error codes (SOLVED - air pressure low)

no

I ran the gas test and got 00 psi

Do you hear the air solenoid making any noise are you getting any air from the plasma?

Yes I can hear it and it sounds normal.

Did you do as instructions and pull the trigger? That is with a hand torch.

Yes.

Do you know how to check the filter on the back of the machine?

Try running it faster, 150 ipm is slow for 22ga.

How much faster?

Visually. Mine has a quarter turn lock on it. Undo the latch turn a quarter button and pull down. Yours may be different.

Max it out at 200

Is the latch on the bottom?

No should be close to the top. Do you have your manual close. That filter is probably not your issue if it is a new machine. It may be just a quarter turn.

If the gas test is measuring “00” that is your problem. It may not be truly 00 but the machine thinks it is. That sensor is probably faulty. Perhaps the sensor is stuck…I don’t know the mechanics of it so it may not be something a user can influence (such as tapping on it to shake its plunger loose).

2 Likes

You could try to adjust the internal air pressure manually:

2 Likes

I am busy at the moment. I will test all of that in a moment.

Thanks everybody for your help. I found out today that my dad installed a second regulator in the air supply to the plasma cutter and that was regulated at 80 psi.

1 Like

Do any of you know how much a pack of fine cut consumables is? I can’t find the price on Hypertherm’s website.

Try eBay or just Google. You have to change the swirl ring and everything if I am not mistaken.

1 Like

Ok thanks.

1 Like

The top of your machine or in the manual will have break down with part numbers.

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out. You might plan to install a another pressure gauge closer to your cutter. It will tell you two things:

1. Has there been any changes to the expected pressure (such as someone changing a regulator upstream); and
  2. If you have both upstream and downstream gauges, and you start cutting and see a tremendous drop of the downstream gauge, you might assume one of your filters (such as Motorgard) may need a new element.

Here is a topic that was started a few months ago, discussing where to buy Hypertherm consumables:

4 Likes