Bar sink drain dimple die

Can i get on the list after Mech_engineer? please…

I am pretty sure there are others ahead of you. Not sure how the list is shaping up…

1 Like

Did you free hand these or use a gcode file?

I have a friend who has a CNC lathe. If you used a gcode file could you please post it?

Thanks

I used a G-code file just make a 2” circle in fusion and extract it. I can post the one I used in just a little bit once I get to my PC

1 Like

Greatly appreciate your help. Also where did you get your drain? or did you build the die so it can work with any 1.75-2.5 drain. Thanks for your help and the Info

I just purchased 2” to 2-1/2” bar sink drains from lowes.

1 Like

2inch Drain Cut.nc (457 Bytes)

Here is the file I just created for it since I deleted the one I used but this is same thing.

You can just open the file in Notepad and make the changes you want if you have a different cutter

2 Likes

These are what I used but I haven’t hard piped them yet just have them draining into a 27gal tote till I get all the piping done but been cold so waiting for my Deisel heater to arrive for my shop

1 Like

UPS should be picking up the box tomorrow and it will be heading your way @gsfab

2 Likes

Okay I just scrolled back to Nov 2023 This Appears to be the current list Please correct if I’m missing someone
Stewie (Done) → ShaneP (DONE)–> Upstategrowguy77 (DONE)–> P40whk (DONE) → stang84g

stang84g Currently has the dies
gsfab
Mech_engineer
STVspeed (jumped on but did not have his table yet)
marcm157
scoopburt
lexluther

Thanks, anywhere i an get on is great!

I’ve had my table for three years and it’s still in boxes due to a divorce. Anyhow, I am ready to assemble and would like to put my name on the list to borrow the dies. If someone can point me in the right direction.

There really is no other direction than what you have done. I recently combed through the previous post and put together the list above. So far no one has objected to the list.

My recommendation for folks moving forward would be to cut and paste the list I complied and put there name at the bottom.

Then when someone mails the dies out they could cut and pastecthe list andvremove their name. Just a suggestion to maintain a little organization.

1 Like

gsfab
Mech_engineer
marcm157
scoopburt
lexluther
grimjim42

Thanks for making the dies for larger hole, Can I get on the list please?
Thanks, -Rick Kaye

name added

gsfab
Mech_engineer
marcm157
scoopburt
lexluther
grimjim42
Fbcruiser

gsfab
Mech_engineer
marcm157
scoopburt
lexluther
grimjim42
Lick
Fbcruiser

‐-----------------------

I recently set up my machine. I had an old bearing/seal puller for a washing machine in my tool box. I used it and a backer (a large socket would be perfect) to form the dimples. It worked like a charm. Below is an Amazon link to the $20 puller if anyone is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Beaquicy-W10447783-Bearing-Installation-Removal/dp/B085RQ9859/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=whirlpool+washer+bearing+puller&sr=8-3

3 Likes

That’s Awesome - Looks like it worked perfectly!

1 Like