AVAILABLE NOW! Hypertherm CPC Cable for CrossFire / CrossFire PRO!

Now available for purchase on our online store; a purpose-built Hypertherm CPC cable to connect your plasma cutter to the CrossFire or CrossFire PRO.

Use this plug 'n play cable to directly connect your Hypertherm Plasma Cutter to any of our CrossFire CNC Machines . No need to splice into trigger wires or raw voltage to fire your torch or use Langmuir Systems Torch Height Control.

Works with:

• Hypertherm PowerMAX 45/65/85
  • Hypertherm PowerMAX 45XP/65XP/85XP

To use:

• Insert the CPC plug into your Hypertherm Plasma Power Supply.
  • Plug the longer cable barrel connector into the CrossFire Electronics Torch On/Off port.
  • If you have an LS-THC unit for your Machine, plug the shorter cable barrel connector into the DIV INPUT on your VIM Module.

ORDER NOW

Note: Use of this cable requires a CPC port and Hypertherm Machine Torch.

Note: If using a Hypertherm PowerMAX 65 or 85, be sure that your voltage divider is set to 50:1 before plugging into the LS-THC VIM module (50:1 is the default setting).

Wiring Schematic

3 Likes

Will this work with a 105 hypertherm also?

Would love to make a cable like this to use on my Primeweld Cut 60. Not sure on the voltage divider pins though.

How long is it? Doesn’t say anywhere on your website.

Not very long. I would say my Hypertherm is 4 feet from my pro.

timtiminy I just made mine up last night. I used 18/4 shielded cable from an eBay seller named “systekcable” with red, black, white and green wires. Soldered pin 4 of CNC connector to red and pin 6 to black. The white and green wires went to torch on off (pins 1 and 2). Spliced red to red and black to black from the other end to the divided voltage input cable and white and green to the red and black wires of the on off cable. Ended up with a single cable from plasma power source that wyes at the LS electronics box end. I’d never soldered before and soldering onto those wee little pins was an adventure!

@Jemejia Nice! What size barrel connectors did you use on the ends that plug into the Langmuir box?

I used the torch fire and divided voltage input cables that came with my pro. My THC box is attached to pro electronics box. I cut the torch fire cable to about 12” longer that divided volts, so both can be plugged without any strain on either connection. So, it’s a single CNC plug on Primeweld end and two stock connectors wyed at the CF Pro end.

1 Like

i use extension cables for both torch firing cable and thc cable. works fine.

2 Likes

Nickhartley,
I have the Hypertherm cable still in the bag. Any reason to forego that in favor of the Langmuir cable? tnx

Only reason I see to forego the hypertherm cable is to save a few bucks. I was in the same boat and chose to use the hypertherm since I had it on hand vs. waiting for the Langmuir cable to arrive.

The Langmuir cable for the hypertherm cpc port has worked out much better for me. I am not getting rid of my 25ft cable but I will be using the one from Langmuir for the foreseeable future.

Just curious if you found out if it will work with a powermax 105? I am also wanting to use a 105 its a 2015 model with CPC port

@langmuirsystems I want to suggest an edit on the LS-THC Guide page.
I read the instructions and it says very little detail about the connections for the Plug & Play cable other than a generalized block diagram.
I found more useful details on the Plug & Play cable announcement page where it says the following:

• Insert the CPC plug into your Hypertherm Plasma Power Supply.
  • Plug the longer cable barrel connector into the CrossFire Electronics Torch On/Off port.
  • If you have an LS-THC unit for your Machine, plug the shorter cable barrel connector into the DIV INPUT on your VIM Module.

Following those steps, the user is left with nothing plugged into the THC barrel connector on the control box.
I think this line needs to be added:
"Plug the Output Voltage Cable into the THC barrel connector on the LS control box and the other end to the DIV output on the VIM box.
All of this needs to be added to the the LS-THC guide. Currently, the first three lines are only on the announcement page.

I just noticed in the description it says I need the machine torch. Is that the case? or can I use the hand torch as I planned to do ( I have not ordered a machine torch ) for my hypertherm 45xp

The way I understand it, you need a machine torch or you need to re-wire your hand torch connector. Someone on here posted instructions of how to modify the hand torch, but I don’t think you can use it as a hand torch after that.

You can use hand torch but, would be happier with machine torch.

I have a Hypertherm 65 Sync. Just put my Crossfire Pro together. It has a CPC port. No CNC interface. I am a little confused as to whether or not I need both. Can you expand on this for me? I though I needed the cpc port and was to connect the voltage divider cable to it.