Another THC issue :/ (SOLVED POST#18)

Oh yeah I raised it as per your recommendations. Thank you

1 Like

Happy fabrication pal. I use mine everyday.
Not a sign guy mostly marine parts.

You were correct!

1 Like

Thank you sir! Yeah with me it will mostly be 4x4 parts and marine motor mounts

didn’t know weather to start new thread or enter this one, sorry if I shouldn’t…
Just got my Pro up and running, played with it and tried setting up THC no luck, torch will fire when pushing key on Firecontrol, but not with test. I have Raw Voltage on Everlast 62I unit ran straight to the front of machine like I had on my last plasma table and it worked then, but this THC not reading any voltage.
Gave up, turned THC OFF and cut a ready made file and it cut it perfect, matter of fact it cut it so much better than the Premier table I used to have.
Nonetheless I’d really like some help on this THC test/hookup. I have the Big Red/Black wires going to Red Positive Torch ring terminal in the plasma cutter, Big Black wire goes to back side of negative ground clamp inside the unit and the PV OUTPUT running back to the Black Box…this sound right? Thanks everyone/anyone

you got it backwards the red goes on the clamp side and black on the torch side. i know it sounds backwards but it isn’t.

2 Likes

instead of going back into the Plasma cutter, can I just reverse them on the THC box?

if the cables will interchange which they should. just make a note somewhere to remember in case you ever need to unhook them.

2 Likes

awesomeness, thank you soo much.
Can I also ask you if you know why the mouse cuts out when torch fires? lol, funny but not funny. I’ve got table grounded and plasma cutter grounded into 3ft ground into concrete floor like my last table, but this table is giving bad interference on the mouse…everything else seems to be ok. Where should the THC box be mounted?

let me guess you have a laptop hooked to the charger or a desktop?? you are getting a ground loop through your breaker box. that’s my guess.

2 Likes

no it’s a desktop right next to it but it has a laptop type of cord…so I’m still not understanding, sorry I’m not tech savy at all

ok you have a desktop with a ground plug. you are getting a ground loop from you plasma. you need to get a ground isolator plug. some people just jerk off the ground plug on the computer plug end. this is only a bandage and only solution i have seen.

1 Like

i never experienced any interference issues on my last table so it’s new to me, weirded me out like crazy haha. I didn’t know if maybe the THC box which is currently just attached to the leg next to the black box was causing it or not? I don’t think the mouse cut off when I cut without THC on but I could be wrong…but I swear it wasn’t

i dont think that is your problem. if you cut long enough firecontrol will start freezing and all kinds of crazy stuff. What kind of table did you have before?

wait so take off the little ground prong on the computer power cord? or the black box power cord? so taking that off doesn’t make it worse lol. thanks so much for your help

you need to remove third prong of your computer from the loop. I don’t recommend cutting it I would just get an isolator plug.

1 Like

i had a Premier Plasma 5x10, it was too big so I sold it, 6months later, finally bought this one and gotta say, so far i did one Batman file I had saved and WOW, what a difference. And I didn’t even make a good tool file, lol, I just punched in numbers I thought I remembered from back then and ran it and holy crap, the edges are so smooth on this piece compared to the Premier table…that table had gears for the gantry which was always hard to keep em tight and accurate. I love this so far, especially that I can use Inkscape and SHeetcam which I remember mostly, and so far learning FireControl has been super easy since I know Mach3

1 Like

wait you mean those gray 3 to a 2 prong plugs? the ones I’ve always had and thrown away for the last 20yrs LMBO…wow, go figure

1 Like

that’s it. this isn’t a fix just a patch, I know it’s weird.

so whats the right fix…or does that get involved and expensive or technical lol