Another THC issue :/ (SOLVED POST#18)

I have not heard of a fix. most people either use one of those plugs or run on battery. also watch and don’t let your usb cable touch the table frame mine freezes instantly every time if it does.

1 Like

the only way I know to correct it would be to have your plasma and computer running on totally and completely different electrical circuits.

1 Like

oh so running them 2 on different outlets would help? I think I can do that pretty easily. Sorry had to step out talk to a customer

ah I was wondering about that as well, pretty sure mine is touching the frame/black box or both lol

thanks Phippiw: for all your help, I can’t wait to try out the THC tomorrow and see if it works.

1 Like

Not outlets completely different circuits with all different grounding.

1 Like

oh ok hmmm…well I’ll have to look into it, thanks a lot bud. I’ll keep updated soon. Have a good evening

2 Likes

Easy to see if the outlets are on the same circuit if a single breaker kills both. But those 3-prong to 2-prong adapters are only a couple of bucks so sometimes the quick & easy fix wins out over mucking about with wiring circuits :slightly_smiling_face:

Different circuit doesn’t matter. If they are on the same service, the neutral and grounds are all connected to the same bus bar.

1 Like

I when I said electrical circuit that is what was meant. I did make sure he understood what I meant in a dm conversation.

To clear this one up they have to be on separate services not circuits.

1 Like

Since most of us only have one service installed, can you point me to where the need for separate services has been determined before? That’s a new addition to the Langmuir Lore if true and will need to be highlighted as most folks so far have found either separate circuits or the 2-to-3 prong adapter to be sufficient.

In the conversation I said that he needed to isolate his ground and one of the ground isolating plugs was not a fix. Then I said the only other way to isolate his computer from his plasma was to have them on a separate service ( which in my red neck lingo I called a circuit). This has been discussed before if I am not mistaken big daddy said the same thing. Forgive me if I am adding to some rabbit hole. I am by no means recommend anyone to add a second service to their shop that is the only other way I know to separate the computer and the plasma.

In all honesty I wish someone would come up with a true fix. This actually gets discussed way to much there is always someone having this kinda problem.

Then I do agree the isolating plug works but it isn’t a fix. I use one myself I in no way criticize it it just is not a fix which he asked how to fix it.

forgive the dumb question but that 3 to 2 prong plug I used, what is that little tab at the bottom for? is that supposed to screw into the outlet itself or something? I’m totally clueless on it yet it looks like the simplest thing to use HAHA (i feel dumb)

Don’t run the screw through it. That will make up the earth ground. Those are made to adapt old electrical outlets so the have a earth ground.

2 Likes