Another THC issue :/ (SOLVED POST#18)

Hey guys and gals,

Wondering if anyone could assist with a LS-THC issue I’m having. After multiple tests I’m getting a live voltage reading of 0.0v.

I checked the wiring 1000 times and even triple checked that the THC chip was installed correctly. All LED’s are illuminated. I even get the torch speed registering when jogging the machine.

I’ve gone through the THC trouble shooting guide a bunch of times and still can’t figure out the problem.

Specs:

-Mac OS with latest drivers and updates
-Tried running torch with Mac laptop plugged to power, and disconnected
-Crossfire pro
-Razorweld Cut45 from Langmuir (plug and play THC)

—————————

One thing I noticed when running the Cut45 is I’m not getting any DC voltage at the 50:1 port…

Hoping someone has a solution as I don’t want to start taking the Cut45 apart :confused: and I have yet to hear back from support

Thanks!

-IF

Will the torch fire using fire control? If not you may have them reversed.

If you are not getting any voltage out of the rw45 there is definitely something wrong with the plasma.

1 Like

As Phillip said, the ports may be reversed on the front of the plasm cutter. If you can’t fire the torch by hitting the torch fire button in Firecontrol, that is probably the issue.

Hey guys thanks for the reply. Torch will fire and stays on momentarily. When I disabled the THC I was able to run a cut from fileshare.

When I switched the ports it gave me a super high reading during the thc test and a warning saying the wiring was wrong. I believe around 237.v

Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture of it. I’ll try to replicate the error today and snap a photo.

-IF

Sorry let me rephrase that first point. When I disabled the thc and ran a cut ready file, torch turned on and started cutting.

When I fire the torch manually it fires for about 4 seconds and turns off.

-IF

Ok. So the ports aren’t reversed. You said you’re not getting any voltage at the divided voltage port on the plasma, while the torch is firing? That would indicate something wrong inside the plasma cutter.

2 Likes

When torch is manually fired it will only fire for about 3 seconds and shutoff, that is what it’s supposed to do.

1 Like

Exactly. When I run a cut ready file or when I toggle the torch manually I get zero readings on my multimeter at the 50:1 port

Okay good to know. Thank you

Hi! I have a similar problem. When I try the THC Control test, the Resting THC voltage is 0.0V. In the Live Voltage Test, I push the Torch Fire and I hear a click but no firing.

Manually with pressing the trigger on the handle, I can fire the torch.

I tried to fire the torch after unchecking THC but no firing.

I have RazorCut 45.

I hope that you can help.

You probably have the THC and torch fire cables backwards on the front of the plasma.

Do you mean that I should use the other port? Right now I’m using the one on the right which should be the 50:1 Voltage Divider Port.

I tried the other port and gave 263.7V, which it says is likely due to incorrect wiring.

Start with getting the Torch to fire from Firecontrol. One of those ports fires the Torch and the other is divided voltage. If the Torch won’t fire, plug that cable into the other port and try again.

If the other port is reporting high voltage, that can’t be the torch on/off port. The Torch on/off circuit is just closing a circuit. There shouldn’t be high voltage running through that port.

2 Likes

If you hook the torch cable up and it doesn’t fire it probably is in the wrong port. Also if you are not getting voltage on the THC it is probably in the wrong port.

Mine fires, just no voltage detected at the 50:1 port.

Yeah I had the same issue. Difference is I’m able to fire my torch and cut

Torch is mounted too low. You are squeezing the plunger inside the torch. Move the bottom clamp up about 2-3 inches. If the plunger inside the torch is stuck it will not fire. Should be able to push the plunger up and have it come back down. Thats how the arc is initiated. No arc No voltage.

2 Likes

Resolved!!!

Issue was actually within the Plasma cutter. One of the wires that connects to the 50:1 port inside the unit was not connected to a spade.

4 Likes

See my recent post. My port was disconnected inside the cut45

Glad you back up and running. Torch is still clamped to low. That whole section of the torch is very weak an eventually damage the torch mechanism.
Good work figuring that out.

1 Like