Air Compressor aftercooler Info thread

Thats the funny thing, it shows correct on my phone and or ipad, but when i up load it, it puts it in sideways… any other advice to get it straight. Im all ears. :smile:

that is because most smart devices have an auot feature to right the picture by the coding imbedded in the picture.
a PC will open it as it sees it.
go into your photo album on your smart device…open the picture…you should see an option for “crop and rotate picture”…rotate the picture in that mode then close the picture…when you open it on the smart device later it will be sideways on that.
then you can post the picture and it will come out straight.

1 Like

Ill give it a try. Tank ya…

you can also just crop it just a hair without rotating it on your phone and save it. it’ll fix that problem.

1 Like

That worked. Thanks toolboy and nicaDd

My aftercooler setup. Picked a lot of great advice from this site before I setup mine a few months ago. Works great so far😊 The built in fan blades on the compressor pulley draws plenty of air across the heat exchanger without an electrical fan added.

Also went with a refrigerated dryer downstream to ensure I have really dry air

12 Likes

NICE setup!!!

My setup was not a replacement for a refrigerated dryer, although it removes a LOT of moisture. I built it more to give me the 20’ min line length most dryer manufacturers suggest between the compressor and dryer, and give some additional benefits.

It works fantastic and fits in a 3’ x 4’ wall space.

12 Likes

Clever.
Does this work at ambient temperature and, if so, what is your normal workshop temperature?

Very Nice Setup! I plan on doing similar and really like the cooling fins, did you fabricate or buy them? If bought, where? Thank You!

My compressor and air setup are in my basement shop. I run a commercial dehumidifier that runs 3 out of 4 months here in Mass. Ambient temp is always lower in that space, year round.

Here’s the link:

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Slant-Fin-101002020-E-75-3-4-Baseboard-Element-2-Length

That is friggin cool

so cool…nicely done

1 Like

What are the five things at the bottom?
Thanks in advance.

Auto drains, not too much more $$ than using ball valves.

1 Like

Yeah I like that. Every time you need to drain just depressurize the lines? I’m going to copy this. The spot on my wall that can accommodate a copper manifold would have been too hard to get to for turning ball valves. @ctgolfer you win. I’m doing a manifold.

No human intervention is needed. They will automatically drain without having to depressurize the air system.

These are the same auto drains that are used inside of the HF air dryers.

What triggers the drain if they don’t open on depressurization?

Float system built in to them.

You don’t have to depressurize an air system to drain a refrigerated dryer (more expensive air dryers use a valve and not the cheaper auto drains like this - HF), same thing here.

The are tapped at the bottom for 3/8", so you can run hose into a catch can/bucket if you don’t want them to spit out all over your floor.

1 Like