Adventures in metal cutting

Wow, this is not giving me a “feel good” moment.

I understand the surface looks pretty rough but that looks like some quality that comes out of China, not made in USA.

Just ordered my table a week ago and wondering if it was a mistake :neutral_face:

What surface are we talking about?

I think he’s referencing your post about your wheels falling off… (hehehe, sorry, I couldn’t resist) although I’m not sure what ‘surface’ he’s referring to.

Oh that makes more sense. If so, keep in mind the wheels are add-ons that I did. They didn’t come with the table. The table comes with some sturdy leveling feet, but I don’t have the dedicated space - I’ve got to be able to move it around. I’m working on something “USA Made” for the wheels :smiley:

1 Like

The driveway

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion - I couldn’t figure out which post you were replying to, but I found how to do that now. I’m very happy with my table - it’s solid and I have no complaints on quality. The stock feet will work fine if you don’t need to roll it around. The foot insert wasn’t really designed for the loads a stem caster puts on it. On smooth concrete, you’d probably be fine.

Donny, we try not to talk too much about @James5 driveway. It’s a very sensitive subject. However, as you will find out, @James5 is a nice guy and very helpful, but, well… you know…

4 Likes

Why? Why do you have to go there, man? Don’t bring my driveway into this. LOL! :poop::zap::mask::weary:

2 Likes

At least you have a driveway that is fancy…mine is mud 1/2 the year :stuck_out_tongue: when it’s not muddy it’s gravelly dirt and dust :rofl:

4 Likes

Wow, I like that magnetic chuck. Never heard of such a thing. I’ve been using a couple of Harbor Freight fishing magnets clamped flush in a Workmate table to hold my pieces while cleaning them up. Had thought of getting a couple of mag switches but I like that magnetic chuck, there goes some more of my budget.

2 Likes

Now you did it. I had to go an order a chuck, Damn it…

1 Like

Know the feeling well. I’m lookin at a new damn Rivet Nut Tool on my desk. Thanks @stinker337! Lol!

3 Likes

I got mine in and let it spend some time on the dining room table as a place of honor. I’m sure I’ll use it someday. I know I’ve had projects I could have used one on but for the life of me I can’t remember what it was :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now I’ve heard it said that in fancier homes the Dining Room is a place of social gathering and conviviality, and, along with such socializing, people partake of appetizers that may include various food, drink, and nuts. However, I have to say, this is the first time I’ve ever heard that it included RivetNuts!
Golly, this must be some kind of place!

2 Likes

All this soaring, flowery language is giving me the vapors. I do declare that I must retire to my stateroom.

(stateroom = doghouse for buying too many tools)

Truer words have never been spoken. I’ve already forgotten why I got it, but I’m pretty sure I needed it for something.

For some of us - this basically boils down to “why buy or have made a part for $5 when you can do it yourself for $500”. Never discuss the cost of your tools, especially with the better half. Shop Rule #1. :rofl:

5 Likes

I am this close to getting a rivnut gun…I mainly do 1/4-20 and 10-32…just don’t know which to get, reviews on these suck/great.
I want cheapest but quality, since I don’t want speed I should be able to get the other two :thinking:
I have used one of these slow ones for years
Rivnut%20Tool

I have this one and it’s awesome…I’ve already used it numerous times on the table for wire management and the bottom shelf brackets! Great buy!!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VPB676Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 Like

Is it bad that on 4th picture rivnut is on backwards :rofl:

That is the one in my cart now actually, I can make a 10-32 mandrel.

Are you using steel or aluminum nuts? Sorry about hijack James :taco::tropical_drink:

Haha I saw that too! I use stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum threaded rivets. I’ve had no problem out of it, but it comes with worthless instructions just as a heads up. Overall great tool to have! I recommend it.