A NEW BREED OF CNC... Coming Monday April 4th 2022?

This fresh on Instagram today

What are you guys thinking about this?

Being it’s April 1st we always got to suspect a April fool’s joke maybe…? but that’d be a weird marketing flex.

April fools joke or a real product coming soon, you decide!

3 Likes

Well you definitely have my imagination running wild.

The US borders back open today so I can finally start getting serious about buying a XR to use in my HVAC company.

2 Likes

I think you’re nuts for using Instagram, but that’s just me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The only reason I have Instagram is because my business partner is into that.
But I have to say I have gleaned so much information and tips and project ideas from that platform it’s unreal.
Also I’ve tried to direct people that need help to this forum from there.
But no Facebook for me I’m not a social media guy.

2 Likes

with a new breed of CNC comes a new breed of …shall I say…noobs…hehehehe

6 Likes

Just me, but from the looks of what you can see in the picture it looks like clone of a Onefinity CNC that will be in the 5K range. Will have to wait and see on the 4th.

Limit switch kit for the Pro?

4 Likes

For the crossfire too! We want limit switches as well… :angry:

1 Like

A 4x4 table XR junior…

1 Like

I’m not sure what they’re launching but another table would be a disappointment to me when they are running so far over their “estimated” delivery time on the current products. The current advertised estimate is 5-7 weeks, seems more like 10 weeks from what I see so far. I’m ok with it taking a while I just don’t like the over promise under deliver nature of it.

I think the new product just dropped?..it’s a CNC Mill. Looks pretty nifty too!

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/mr1

3 Likes

wow!. so awesome @langmuir-daniel

3 Likes

holy S$%&#T…that is so coo…and sooo far out of my wheel house…

2 Likes

I don’t have much use for a mill but, if the next product were to be a 50 inch press, you might be transferring some more of my retirement to the Downs boys.

Nice looking mill guys!

Like the new machine… But how about ( FIRECAM for plasma… And maybe a Cad program ??? ) What has happened to those features ??? We have been waiting for ??? Also limit switch kit for the CFPRO… Dont forget us plasma guys out here !!!

1 Like

Awesome looking mill! It looks way better than the sig mills, seems to have a larger work area. Seems very light, mills need mass (and rigidity). About 1/2 the price of the Tormach 700, but much lighter. I’ll be interested to see the specs on it. -found the specs…- 6" z travel will limit tool and/or job option. Though I rarely use over 6", so I guess that’s a good compromise. It looks nice!

OK, @langmuir-daniel, what’s the deal with Triumphs? I’m the proud owner of a '66 triumph spitfire. I saw the GT6 in the crossfire video. Now you have a valve cover for a 6 cylinder engine with triumph on it. Can’t tell what engine that is, too fast, but doesn’t look like any triumph engine I’m familiar with. Not that I know all the engines. Just curious!

1 Like

I was digging around on the site and read you will have to mix and pour concrete into the base pan as part of the assembly.The surface you see in the video is apoxy poured over the concrete.The spindle is very powerful at 3.4 hp.I think if I was looking to covert a mill drill to a cnc this would be a better option.

2 Likes

I like the new machine, heavily considering preordering one if I can make the business case for it. But the uncovered gantry rails and stepper motors give me a little bit of concern with ho many issues I have had with the CF pro table stalling out from very little debris on the lead screws and rails. Still patiently waiting for a lot of the talked about additions to firecontrol after over a year which is my other biggest concern. Still very happy with my CF pro though, especially after adding a hypertherm 45xp to it. I just finished a production run of 150 parts this weekend with very few issues

@langmuirsystems as far as the mill are there any plans to incorporate an automatic tool changer, does fire cut support opt stop m30 codes? I know fire control doesn’t which has been a bit of an annoyance, and will it allow jogging of more than one axis at a time? Thats another feature I would love to see in firecontrol

1 Like

The unprotected drive system and limited Z-axis give me pause. Aluminum is pretty soft but if you are cutting steel this mill would likely require a lot of maintenance.

The Z-axis limits dictate direct hold down to the fixture plate or the really skinny vises on offer (no Kurt machinist vise for you!). As a point of reference, I have almost 18" of Z-axis travel on my knee mill.

If you are manufacturing flat(ish) parts that need boring/thread-milling this would be an economical way to get there I’d think.

1 Like