A NEW BREED OF CNC... Coming Monday April 4th 2022?

For an automatic tool changer to work you would have to upgrade from a manual ER-20 collet system. That’s a lot of upstream capabilities plus the cost of the changer. Doubt if that is at all practical.

Ohhhh…I was thinking of jumping in and getting a Tormach PNC for the new house and then this…

I’m at $8500 for my config. Now I have 2 weeks to decide to pull the trigger or pass. Unfortunately the house won’t be ready for this when it’s supposed to ship - I could be the only one hoping for a 6 month delay :smiley:

3 Likes

I think you can safely add a couple of weeks or months to whatever shipping date they are throwing out there… :wink: of course the same thing likely applies to you house you are waiting on… or anything else you are trying to buy right now. My BIL waited 9 months for his new truck.

This looks like a fun tool to add to the collection but Ill have to wait a while I’m afraid.

I am however looking forward to living by proxy to those of you who will be ordering one. Always fun to see what others are creating!

2 Likes

They have 2 different dates and time listed for taking deposits the 25th and the 26th also to different times.

@langmuir-daniel Will the base come already setup and poured with the concrete or will the concrete be part of the assembly process?

1 Like

Hi thanks for pointing out that there may be a typo. Can you let me know exactly where it specific the April 25th date? That is incorrect. We’ll be accepting deposits starting April 26 at 1pm PDT.

1 Like

@heath has got this question answered well- let me know if you have any follow up questions.

MR-1 CNC Gantry Mill | Langmuir SystemsThis link is the FAQ page.

In your valve cover promo video it has 25th

Thanks. I must have skimmed over that

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it has been removed.

Just want to take the oppurtunity to reiterate that the correct date and time is April 26 at 1pm pacific time.

1 Like

Is there any additional information at this point regarding the Cutcontrol software? Are there any plans for a 4th axis at some point?

1 Like

Those are some hard decisions. The Tormach looks more traditional in design (protected drive system, more Z-axis travel, etc.) but the Langmuir has way more horsepower on the spindle. Let us know what you decide.

Re these going to be available to be picked up in Conroe rather than freight shipped like the XRs?

Never mind, I’m an idiot! Just saw it on the launch page.