.25 Mild Steel Settings with a RazorWeld 45

James…but do i also plug in the Torch on/off cable from the 2nd port on RW to the torch on/off on the control box…so now BOTH ports will be used on the razorweld…correct?

1 Like

Yes thats correct! One fires the torch, the other sends the voltage signal to the THC

2 Likes

Yeah it cut! i can’t upload the video…dang…i took it in messenger…and mp4 can’t upload…anyhow…we are getting there…the cuts are beautiful, but it did stop on the 4th operation…and said ARC trouble. but it did go through 3 of the 4 layers I programmed! yahoo! gosh I’m sorry about missing the cable ! I have read and reread those directions and it is clear now, but the topic was about the vim box so its my fault for overlooking it! but with all the testing and troubleshooting, I have learned sooooo much about the different parts of the software and process flow of all the software! Thank you Daniel, and @jamesdhatch @James5 @TomWS @num1husker @brownfox we are now back on track! Daniel i still need info on the settings for Pierce Height/Plunge Rate and Cut Height…some of these settings are not on the spreadsheet that was prepared for RW by other forum members here. BUT YEAH! THIS IS AWESOME!

2 Likes

Congrats!

Can you try a straight cut test (use straight cut mode in FireControl) and see what voltage is being displayed in live volts?

1 Like

I don’t understand that? I can see straight cut mode…but don’t i have to create a file first? sorry in advance…Lisa

That is correct, it will create a straight cut line program for you. Here is some more info: http://www.langmuirsystems.com/firecontrol/guide#straight-cut

1 Like

It didn’t cut … I added Cut Length = 3" +Y direction Pierce Delay .03 and I toggled on the IHS (it said that would turn on my THC) I generated the program and hit start…the torch moved and i could hear air but never fired. the voltage increased up and up to 192 ish and then went back down…the air finally stopped. the torch traveled the 3" too.

Awesome! Once you get some practice cuts going, you’ll pick it up quick. There are a lot of variables when cutting - the trick is to get some good ‘formulas’ - torch speed, metal thickness, plasma power level (amps), air, nozzles, etc and you’ll start seeing good consistency. I’ve scrapped a few parts I’ve been cutting by forgetting to check one or more variables. Power level and speed are two key ones. Air and nozzles are less frequently changing. Glad to see you’ve got the torch up and running!

1 Like

@langmuir-daniel @James5 OK I changed Pierce to .5 and it cut!!! voltage was up in around 75 or so…maybe i can see it if i do a longer cut…it went fast…

https://youtu.be/z7Yevk1zTUU 1st cut…figured out i had to load video up to youtube @langmuir-daniel

20200803 133317 - YouTube @langmuir-daniel here is the straight line! yahoo…

update/

@langmuir-daniel @James5 @num1husker very simple square with our dogs name in it…when i brought it into sheetcam the name flipped so the slag was on the front…but andy sanded it out…still easy to do and i learned how to run the demo first or i would have cut out the outside first…LOL…so all in all, a good day thanks to you all! Lisa and Andy

2 Likes

I think you’re going to want to bump that up. Try starting with a half-second.

1 Like

awesome ! will do…and thank you so much!

good to hear, I keep mine on .2 delay and it works great so far on 16 14 and 1/8. I bumped to .5 on 3/16 and 1/4.
On 14/16 been doing 75 ipm, but bump it up to 100/120 ipm and no problems BUT w/o pauses in program…the seeing a tip up…to tapping space bar between rapid movements too pause…has me staying at 75 for drops in the 1 to 2 inch size and 100 for pcs that will straddle 2 water table bars.

1 Like

Not necessarily wanting to be an outside instigator, I feel I must observe that, if there is some fixed delay in the FireControl torch firing that requires users to add 0.5 (or whatever) seconds to their pierce delay settings then this should be built into the post processor so that users can use ‘book’ settings wihout making any ‘adjustments’ to compensate for this phenomenon. Then, once Langmuir gets things tuned right, they can release a new firmware update along with new post processor and none of their customers need to readjust all their files…
Just saying…
But, I don’t have a Pro so I should probably keep my opinion to myself :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There’s actually very little delay between when the torch is commanded to fire and when the relay latches on. The delay is not dissimilar to the delay associated with clicking your mouse button and having it register as a click on the computer.

The delay between when the trigger is squeezed( or when the relay latches) and when the torch actually fires is not negligible and it is variable depending on whether there is currently post flow.

As far as firmware goes, it would be very easy to allow for the pierce delay to start after a voltage is sensed by the THC. That would make book settings accurate for pierce delay. The problem though, is that many use the machine without a THC (it’s an add on option) so we would need to manage two separate motion control firmware versions to accomodate THC and non-THC pierce delay. Or having that functionality selectable in FireControl Not impossible, but not ideal either. We are still evaluating whether or not we should do it.

2 Likes

I get this same error. How do I change the plunge rate in fusion 360? I can’t find anywhere to enter the value…

This is 45A @ 40ipm right off the table next to no dross on the bottom and none on top very clean cut. This is the bottom:

1 Like

what do you set your pierce delay and pierce height? I am cutting 1/4 for the first time.