.25 Mild Steel Settings with a RazorWeld 45

.25 Mild steel
32 amps
20 ipm
70psi (very dry)

Good cuts but a lot of dross. I have to use a hammer to knock it loose. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there on these settings. Mostly ipm. Anywhere from 20-120. I’d rather not waste a sheet testing all of this out. Anybody have settings that can help?

Also when I post videos to my YouTube channel cutting these parts people comment about how slow my table is going. (20 ipm which I got that info from the cut sheet spreadsheet) - Hypertherm guys say they cut at 50 ipm.

Thanks in Advance.

• Brian

I’d max amps out (to 45) on .25". That should let you up speed a little and perhaps cut down on dross - maybe to 30-50 ipm, but you’d have to experiment on some scrap.

2 Likes

Okay I’ll give that a shot. I’m surprised there isn’t much info out there on it. Also I just discovered my torch is missing the machine shield. There wasn’t one in the box. So I’ve melted the cup a bit. Part of the learning curve I suppose.

45 amps, 28 ipm, 90 psi, .063 cut height, .1 pierce height, 1.2s pierce delay. I’ve cut quite a bit now. I don’ t get any dross at all.

3 Likes

Thank you Mike!! Very helpful. :facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2:

1 Like

It is very rare that i take my machine off the 45A setting. Only when i am cutting 16ga and thinner do i start turning that dial.

The key to cutting with low dross is speed. Its a balancing act between dross levels and edge quality. For 1/4" i usually cut it at about 35 ipm.

6 Likes

Thanks Daniel. I’ll give that a shot today. I appreciate the response. Also was I suppose to get a machine shield with my torch when it shipped? I never did get one. I tried to order it but you are out of stock. Thank you.

• Brian

Oh weird- send an email to support@langmuirsystems.com and we will send you one.

2 Likes

Sent, thank you very much.

Also the jump up in amperage worked good. I am still getting a bit of dross though. I am thinking more PSI on the RW would do it although there isn’t a place where I can adjust it higher than 70psi.

Any thoughts on that?

I don’t have the RW, but from what I’ve read on here, you have to open the case, and there’s a regulator inside.

Thanks James, I guess a better question is, what PSI is recommended for .25 - .375 & .5? I usually just cut thicker stuff. I have a regulator on my dryer but I can’t go higher than 70psi on the RW since its internal regulator is set that way.

I think you can adjust the internal regulator on the RW. PSI - depends on machine. Mine has an internal non adjustable regulator - it wants between 90 - 120 psi per the manual. I have no feel for what it should be. Some others will have to weigh in.

1 Like

Brian, Mechanic416 on this forum suggests putting an external regulator on the outside of the RazorWeld. That would make me assume you increase the psi on the internal regulator so all the adjustments are done externally. I too have a RazorWeld CUT 45 but have not got to the point of setting up to the external regulator as yet. That will probably be today’s task.

1 Like

I emailed Jasic a while back and there response for the Razorweld 45 is to have a RUNNING psi of 65 to 75 psi. I took the case off mine to turn up the internal regulator and I am now running 72 psi constant while cutting

1 Like

What size plate are you cutting? I am usually in the .25 to .375 range. I’d like to eliminate the dross. I have seen a bunch of good cuts from other users with thicker plate and zero dross. I feel like I am getting close but I am cutting some small parts that are a pain to clean up. - Thanks in advance.

There is a regulator on the inside of the machine. I have it set to 100psi. I have an external regulator set to around 90 psi for ¼" and thicker. I reduce the pressure to around 80 psi for anything thinner.

1 Like

My 1/4" setting for the Razorweld 45 that is very clean cut, almost no dross is:

35A
30IPM
75PSI
.063 Cut Height

3 Likes

Awesome, Ill give that a try. Thank you.

nice. looks like you’ve got it dialed in pretty well.

@langmuir-daniel @james5 @TomWS @num1husker

Hi Daniel… we are trying to make our first cut and getting ARC Voltage was lost, so i am searching all posts for ideas…so bear with me.
Scenario/ Pro with Razorweld 45 / 16gauge material /simple sheetcam design
*we turned RW down to 30amps
*RW PSI dial is showing 70PSI (we have IR 80gallon 25cfm so big enough) do you have to change output to alter psi on RW? or does RW take care of that when we lower the amps?
*saw a note under THC settings that smart volt only for 14gauge and thicker…do i shut that off and how do i do that?
*plug and play cables with RW to control box and lights are on and THC is active in Firecontrol. i see torch speed move when i jog machine. no lights are on Active, Down, OK or Up at all when zeroed out or torch is moving…so this could be something.
*I looked at JamesHatch cut chart and it has some 16g settings for my Tool. and looked at comments other people posted to try to fill in info not on spreadsheet(i see you guys are going to make one?) all documentation says to make sure i set Pierce Height/Plunge Rate/Cut Height but i need help finding the right numbers…
currently: Kerf .0591 / Feed Rate 72ipm /Pierce Delay .5 s / Pierce Height .1181" / Plunge rate 3.837 ipm/ Cut Height .058"/ pause 0

• i saw JOb can override these tool settings
    my Material is set: lower left hand dot / thickness .062"/ rapid clearance 0.3937/height of bottom material 0/plunge safety clearance 0.0197
    *Razorweld only came with a tip 45a is this too big for 16gauge? do they make others?
    (side note saw above about machine shield…what is that? )
    THC version 1.09 Crossfire v1.1ls
    frame cupid for firecontrol.tap (25.3 KB)

I copied a few of you that offered me help on the other thread. you guys are so amazing taking your time to help…(I promise to pay it forward anyway we can once we get going…and willing to travel to help someone set up near us.)
Lisa and Andy