20" x 41" single piece and only on my 2nd part cut, built an indexing jig

resize resize2 While waiting the two weeks for my plasma cutter to show up I spent the time getting to know Fusion 360 and Mach3. While playing around with a permanent marker in the torch holder on my CrossFire, I designed and built a swing away jig to cut larger parts on the CrossFire. It worked excellent! I will share it with you all when I get some time to refine it a bit. Right now the prototype is a bit ugly, made out of rusty scrap steel with remnants of old paint and some re-bar. The first pic is my first part that I cut. The second pic is the second part that I cut, 20"x41" part that I indexed using two tool paths and a single sheet of 12 gauge.

5 Likes

nice. i was thinking of something like this but not automatic. looking forward to seeing what you’ve done

1 Like

Cant wait to see how you did it, we’ve been playing with this idea for longer stuff as well.

1 Like

Awesome work, would love to see the jig if your willing to share

1 Like

very interested myself!

1 Like

Hey, that jig would be helpful. Been thinking about this. Be interested in the details.

1 Like

@chipracer did you ever refine this jig?

Please share we would love to skip the troubleshooting you did :wink:

Very interested as well! I have a long part I cut a lot a have to do it diagonally. Just barely get the cut, if I am off by .25" I am screwed. Plus it wastes alot of material cutting diagonally. Eager to see your design.