Z Axis + THC Upgrade Kit for CrossFire Now Available

THANK YOU!! I have been looking in to ways to do this for a long time now, but have never been satisfied with anything I could come up with. I’ll be pacing my order today!

I really appreciate prioritizing the forum members. It really says a lot about how you treat your existing customers.

3 Likes

I would like to do the extended kit… and the THC upgrade. I thought… that I bought the FireControl software but I guess I didn’t. I looked everywhere and it’s not coming up. How do I price this stuff out?

firecontrol is free. mach3 you had to purchase to use full capabilities as well as sheetcam.

2 Likes

Thanks, I thought so. I’m just wondering where it went. I DL it back when it came out but never got back to install it. I need yo simplify my life. But that takes focus. Now after reading the specs I can’t use it without the upgraded control box.

Yes it should. The new z axis kit has a voltage divider board to be able to connect to raw plasma voltage but it will also connect to the cpc port on cnc plasma machines.

1 Like

Thank You for the Info.

I would like to know that the y axis cut length is with and without the thc installed. Looks to be about 3 inches?

I just saw this… hell yeah - how much and can I still get one? Please don’t tell me you sold out already.

NOOOOOo… I missed it… you guys are already sold out… f-me!!!

Can I get on a waitlist:, I’ll put my card info down so it can be charged when it’s available.

@langmuir-daniel @langmuir-aksel

Sorry for spamming this board… I damn near blew a load when I saw the headline… For some reason it said sold out when I clicked the link the first time, but after clicking it 500 more times it said available!.. lol… I’m order #: 25973… thank you, Jesus!!

Few questions:

1. Do I have to buy Fire Control?
  2. Once I get fire control is that all I need to make this kit work?
  3. Why do I have change my zinc lower arm from the XL kit to the new black one? It appears you are sending the black one with the kit.

Again- thank you!!!

1 Like

firecontrol is free…download page

2 Likes

You need something to create your G-Code still. So you’ll need to grab the appropriate post-processor for whatever toolpathing solution you’re using today (Fusion or Sheetcam). That’s a free download from Langmuir though. You just don’t want to forget.

2 Likes

For you guys with the pros and THC - how has it worked out so far? Is the THC working smoothly? What’s your experience with the Fire Control learning curve? I’m good with Mach3, fusion, and sheetcam, but is fire control going to be a big time suck to learn?

Thanks again…

Iz

firecontrol only runs the table like Mach3…firecontrol replaces mach3…so you can still do everything in conFusion360…you just need to install the driver from langmuir for confusion360…
a lot of guys still use confusion360 for all design and post processing…
FireControl is easy to play witrh…very user friendly.
I love my THC…I have not had any binding from warped metal at all…you can even cut metal roof…corrugated roof…follows it great.

3 Likes

That’s awesome- you don’t even know how happy I am to hear that. It sounds like all I’ll need to figure out then is how to wire the THC voltage divider into my Miller 375 X-treme.

Thanks,
Iz

I want one but do not need it as I am in the process of moving right now. I would like “mine” to go to someone that can use it ASAP. How soon are we thinking for the next run? And will the price point be the same then?

2 Likes

I have the gen 1 mach 3 table. Which version of the upgrade kit do I order? Black powder coat or zinc finish? I don’t have a XL kit installed,But I will get one later.

@cdlale63
you best reach out to Langmuir support fr this to be answered…I would do it quick as I think they are selling quickly.

The order page has an option box. Pick Gen 1.

1 Like

WOW This is great! I recently got the gen 2 XL. My shop is too small for the crossfire pro so that wasn’t an option. Can hardly wait for the Gen 2 kits to be released.

Edited for spelling