Z Axis + THC Upgrade Kit for CrossFire Now Available

Gen 1 trigger pulled, cant wait!!

Just received a tracking number for the gen1. Order #25722. Should be here Tuesday.

2 Likes

@cr500rider - that’s awesome too hear… that means mine should be shipping soon too…

1 Like

Thank you! Ordered!!!

So I’ve got the first of two boxes for my upgrade kit for my XL. What is the replacement rail for? It doesn’t look any different from any of the other rails unless it’s for the gantry.

Thanks.

take a look at this thread…it will help

Just installed my THC on my OG Crossfire XL. This kit makes all of the difference in the world. The THC brings on an amazing level of control. I cut 14 ga SS as well as 10 ga HRS. absolutely zero dross on the 10 ga (which was pretty warped in the middle), SS is still going to have dross with air plasma, but it was reduced. Fire control software is a huge improvement over Mach 3! If you are wondering if you should spend the money, DO IT. You will love the upgrade. It is worth every penny.

I am running a gen one Crossfire, upgraded to XL, with water table and now THC upgrade. My torch is a Hypertherm 30XP running standard consumables (drag tip sanded off to give proper cut height). modification of the torch was simple to pull out voltage signal. no concerns at all

3 Likes

nice to hear some great feedback…thanks

I am super excited for this upgrade. I’ve been checking the ‘order status’ pretty much daily since the 8th in anticipation. The bottom rail showed up a few days ago.

Thank you Langmuir for offering this finally! You guys are great!

1 Like

Received bottom rail last Monday and Controls Friday. Made conversion yesterday and was not getting USB CH340 driver on my Windows 10 machine. Emailed langmuir and then read the threads on the forum. 7/8 driver on download page did not work but the link here did the trick and I am up and running. Had to change all my files to new post processor but that was a snap. Cut test piece and works great.
Thanks Langmuir

first cut with new firecontrol and thc . Worked amazing. 4 things that put Mach 3 in the dust 1-scale to fit instead of going back to original drawing and rework in sheetcam 2- rotate to fit material 3-jog toggle 4-I can now cut with fine consumables as they were to sensitive to height before THC.

1 Like

So any of the old cut paths created for Mach3 need to be recreated to Run in Firecontrol? I’ve gotten pretty used to using the XBOX 360 controller to jog, zero, and run Mach 3, makes it so easy to walk around the table and set things up. Can I use the XBOX controller with Fire Control?

Any G-codes that you had previously created for Mach3 using the Mach3 Plasma post processor will not work in FireControl. Think of a post processor as a translator of sorts, Mach3 and FireControl do not “speak the same language” by this example. You will need to generate new G-codes using the FireControl post processor available here: langmuirsystems.com/downloads

Yes you can, download antimicro and set it up with these shortcuts

• Jog X+: Right Arrow Key
  • Jog X-: Left Arrow Key
  • Jog Y+: Up Arrow Key
  • Jog Y-: Down Arrow Key
  • Jog Z+: Page Up Key
  • Jog Z-: Page Down Key
  • Toggle Nudge Jog: Tab Key
  • Start Program: ALT + R
  • Pause Program: Space Bar
  • Stop Program: ALT + S
  • Zoom in Visualizer: Mouse Scroll Up
  • Zoom out Visualizer: Mouse Scroll Down
1 Like

Recieved my Kit, but dont see any THC parts. Sent email any other way of contact them?

did you check to see if it was coming in 1…2…or 3 packages…

Only showed 1 from beginning. I did receive a box inside marked Gen2 Misc. I have Gen1.

Support has sent one out. Let you know when it arrives on how it works.

reach out to langmuir support through their email address…include all your information on ordering…see if they missed something by mistake

1 Like

I have the same OG 2x2. How much did the XL and THC come to? PM me if need be.

Hi Folks. I’ve been away for a while. and am glad to see this is finally available to upgrade my GEN1 XL (wasn’t a GEN1 when I was here last time heh) but I think it’s something I should have. I’ll have a look around and see people’s experiences.

2 Likes