Z Axis on Crossfire Pro only going down

Hello, I have had a crossfire pro for a little over a year now. I hadn’t used it in a few months but needed some work done so I plugged it back in, upon operation my Z axis would not go up. Anytime i press the Z+ button it goes down as if I’d pressed the Z- button (which works fine). I plugged it into the y axis and the same problem occurs. One of the prongs on the plug for the Z axis motor also looks burnt/black. It is the top left prong when looking directly at the plug with the wider side up. I am not sure what to do as I have very limited experience in small electronics, but am comfortable if given clear instruction. Has anyone had similar issues or know the fix?

Try cleaning the burnt pin and plug it in and out several times to clean the inside of the plug. Then plug it in and don’t tighten the screws.

This problem originates from the screws being too long and pushing the connector out when they are fully tightened. This causes a small gap between the pins and the plug and arcing between them.

2 Likes

I’ll try that and let you know. That also seems like it address’s a problem of one of the screws not going all the way in. Appreciate the help.

It sounds like your motor plug (and possibly your motor port) have sustained arc damage and may need to be replaced. If clearing the black debris from the pin of the motor plug does not clear this up, please reach out to us at support@langmuirsystems.com for a replacement motor and port. Provide pictures of the arc damage on both the plug and the port if possible.

Arc damage on the motor plugs is usually caused by a loose connection between the motor plug and port, by keeping the thumbscrews on the motor plug loose, or by disconnecting / reconnecting the motor plug from the motor port while the CNC electronics are powered on.

2 Likes