XR reviews, opinions, projects, etc

Amazon. 600kg lifting magnet. We’re planning to get another one and fab up an I-beam spreader to minimize plate bending. Will let us lift 1/4" plate (sags too much with just one magnet).

1 Like

Articulating Monitor
Just a Little Upgrade to the Computer Station. Turned out Pretty Well. Tore apart the Articulating mount, machined it for a post and Played a Litte on the ol’Smithy for the Mounts and computer swivel. Added a GFI outlet and routed to my cable chase at the back of the table, so no more tripping on cords. :smiley:

1 Like

How is the XR working out since I last contacted you? I’m getting ready to purchase the XR so thought I would ask you one last time. You have any more issues in past 30 days?

Actually the XR has been running dang near flawless for a while. No freezes. The other day I did have the Y axis loosen up and sent the machine off but I tightened back up, homed it and its good. I would def suggest picking one up. The only thing I struggle with is taper really. Not sure if their Z axis is the issue or what but even on the PRO Iv had what I would say more than desirable taper. But the holes Im cutting I would say are pretty good even compared to the PRO. So thats it, nothing much else to grip about. Its been holding up.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. what was the cause of the software freeze up?

Nice setup. Just finished an overhead trolley in my garage with electric hoist and double mags

1 Like

not entirely sure but I guess it woulda been noise from plasma bc when I added a second choke to my cable I haven’t had any freezes. I do keep the plasma a good bit of distance between computer and control box, so I was kind of surprised it was doing that.

That is a sweet double magnet setup. I dont think I will be cutting large enough sheets to need such a set up, but then again…I may be hitting you up for more info!

directioneast, I’m glad you seem to have your machine sorted.

appreciate the detailed good and bad…