X axis fails to move

so i have a new issue with my pro table. the x-axis does not respond. this table as worked fine for the last 3 months and i tried to cut a few brackets today and the x-axis will not move.

here is what I’ve tried…
restart the computer, control box,
reinstalled fire-control
i plugged the z-axis into the x-axis port and no movement when i plugged the x-axis into the z-axis it moves when commanding Z+/Z-

I think my control board or stepper motor driver is dead.

has anyone had any issues like this?

so the Z motor moved when plugged into the X port but the X motor doesn’t move when plugged into the Z port? if so then it’s probably the X motor not the driver since the the Z works.

no the x motor works when plugged in to the z port i did some more trouble shooting and had narrowed it down to the control board. i tested the stepper motor driver its functions properly.

so i called it a night lastnight and came back out this morning to give it another go and it magically fixed its self over night… Ummm that make me even more worried… hopefully it dosent come back.

could be a loose wire. maybe messing with it last night jarred a wire to where its making contact again.

If you pull the cover off does the X axis driver illuminate?

it has a blue light and a green light on the driver box

If you plug the Z motor into the X axis port, does the Z motor jog when you press the left/right arrow keys?

@Oldskool66, did you ever get this resolved? I’v had issues with my table from the get go.

The X-axis keep shutting down during cuts. I restart the system and works fine for about 30 seconds.

Langmuir sent me a new motor and port and still having the same symptoms.

are you tightening the screws on the connector all the way down? If you are, loosen them up to where the connector is just pressed fit in the port and see if that works.

The screws are longer than they should be and when tightened all the way, the connector backs out of the port preventing it from making a solid connection.

Yup I tried that and still same issues.
I should re-word it. It does not shut off while x-y are traveling, but when it needs to travel in the y direction first then shift to x there is no response. This happens during a cut I make. It’s becoming more frequent.

In the past I could limp it along by restarting the system each time. Now its become too frequent and I’m wasting materials.