Workshop showcase

Metal chips everywhere… Cletus they wanted to know why all my computer stuff has covers. Your about to find out. Good luck my friend you got this

1 Like

Just heard from my Customs Broker and Transport guy, It will be delivered to the house on Monday morning … Yee Hah!!! :nerd_face: :rofl:
Have a bunch of high $$$ work booked for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday… arrrgh, life can be so unfair!! …but I’ll work with it! :rofl:

3 Likes

Here it is! …a big ass milling machine gliding through our kitchen: :rofl:

4 Likes

Your wife is definitely rocking the stinkeye :slight_smile:

1 Like

She looks bemused to me. I think he’ll be alright.

That’s our daughter. Wife is sitting quietly in the living room. They both think I’ve gone totally mad!! :rofl:

3 Likes

The first photo looks like a Dalek invasion!

2 Likes

Hardest part was trimming that damned pallet to size (3-hours, Jigsaw and hand-saw). Man, I’m beat! Early night tonight and up at the crack of dawn, compressor running! :rofl:

Slow but sure progress. and the workshop is in a mess again!

2 Likes

now why would anyone think that???

Whats the car battery on the pallet for?

To power the winch that pulled the whole rig from the garage to the workshop (60ft)

4 Likes

Cool better than the old back…

1 Like

Here’s the plasma-cut power panel (back of the machine)

Control panel implementation (the enclosure was done on the Crossfire)

3 Likes

Very nice :+1: It won’t be long and you will be sending metal chips all over the shop :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

6 Likes

Very nice! I commend you sir for being the master of 10 lbs in a 5 lbs bag!

1 Like

Well, its fully commissioned now. Took a full week’s work to set it up just the way I want it. Very happy with it! Have a bunch of brass and aluminum components to make to refurbish an OR Table next week, also some sheet work which will be run on the Crossfire.

3 Likes

Having too much fun with the mill :rofl:

3 Likes

Made out of angle aluminum stock?
Did you cut it into sections with a bandsaw and then machine the ends smooth?

1 Like