Workshop showcase

Well, it’s all set to ship out, except we’re waiting on the DRO to arrive. Looks like about two weeks delay! …this is killing me :crazy_face:

1 Like

Today’s project was to build a tool-crib for milling. The blue surface is removable, revealing a cavity, which will house my 9x12 granite surface plate. :nerd_face:

I really admire woodworkers! …cause, I HATE woodworking myself! :rofl:

5 Likes

Four skidy things, thus hacked from ye olde HDPE barrel. The cut down pallet with the mill thereon, shall slide yonder, past thy wife’s kitchen, thence into thy workshop

1 Like

We have total faith in you Cletus…
I’ll ship you machinery dollies if you like.
Still want to see pictures. Hopefully the kitchen floor joists will hold.

Thanks! …Garage and kitchen solid 4" concrete slab with porcelain tiles, laundry and workshop 4" concrete slab with epoxy paint finish.

Takes 24lbs to slide 200lbs using the four HDPE skids. So should be pretty easy for a 2000lb winch to pull the 1500lbs across the floor, I figure no more than 180lbs of pull :nerd_face: :rofl:

Failing that, I guess I can use one of these: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, It shipped. My BIG brown box. :rofl:

1 Like

No sleep tonight pal. I did like the poly barrel pieces. Very cleaver. Video and pictures please :grin:
A couple of days from now you will be cleaning up metal shavings from you ears, clothes and every nook and cranny in your shop.

1 Like

Should be in my hands around the end of the month. Hoping it gets to Miami by Friday and sails out to Trinidad the following Friday.

1 Like

Spray a little windex on your path and it’ll be even easier to slide.

1 Like

Yup, that’s the plan. Wife will probably faint when she sees me with a wet mop in the kitchen! :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, my big box got to Miami yesterday. Ships out to the Caribbean on Friday …exciting times ahead!
Have not been so excited since the Crossfire shipped! :rofl:

1 Like

We are all waiting to see it get their also. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

… and, I’m all ready for it :rofl:
Got the granite surface plate yesterday, just an “el-cheapo” height gauge for now, it’s my “shop beater” but got a nice one coming.

1 Like

well…for MY workshop…I am in the process of expanding my garage.
I am going from a single car to a double car garage…
here is the stage I am at…putting in footing this week…concrete foundation next week…then starting the framing and be closed in by late fall.
I am going to be removing the wall between the 2 bays to make one large shop…22’6 x 24’

4 Likes

Sweet! …I’ve got permission from the CFO to extend my shop another 15’ west, this will be covered only and used for welding and fabrication stuff. Will do it when this hurricane season has past. Right now, its rain and more rain. Several areas around my location are experiencing severe flooding.

1 Like

that is also the time that free materials are available all over the roads and beaches… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

… and, maybe a yacht or two while you’re at it! :rofl:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity (not being nasty) why are the footings so wide and so deep in your area? Here in southern Louisiana on my 30’ x 60’ shop I have mine at 18" wide and 12" deep. Then the concrete is poured for both footings & slab at the same time. It is nice work though.

1 Like

It’s Canada.

Your footing has to be below the frost line or it’ll heave.

6 Likes

More toys in the shop today! :smile:

1 Like