Will there be a MR-1. XL?

Im on the list waiting for my mr1.Im just a little worried there going to come out with a MR-1 XL by the end of the year. The X and Y axis look good i just wish there was a few more inches on that Z axis. Am i the only one worried about this?thanks

I wish it had a 9 or 12 inch z. But i dont think an upgraded model.is comming soon. They still need to release a 4th axis. I think you have a few years before a bigger version comes out

2 Likes

I think they pretty much said at one point, there wont be any new MR1 models for a while. This is a way more complicated machine than the plasma CNCs so you cant just get longer screws and a longer table and have it be a new model.

1 Like

If you’re worried, just buy the machine you need. The MR-1 is what it is…there are bigger machines out there.

1 Like

Sure let me just pull $30,000-$60,000 out of my pocket and do that

And that is why were are all here. I’d love a Haas TM-2P but that isn’t happening.

2 Likes

I have about $100K into a metal fabrication side-hustle that will turn into a retirement plan family business. I no longer have a fancy sports car. Annual bonuses go into machine tools. And I’ve loaned myself some of my retirement savings because skills aren’t built in a day and I’ve saved like there was a tomorrow. It’s all about priorities and timelines.

2 Likes

You buy a tool for needed work envelope. While it is best to know what you want to make before you buy the tool, sometimes you just need to get started and build skills. If things work out, this won’t be your last machine.

3 Likes