Where are you getting your material/stock from

Hello everyone. Well with all these new MR-1’s starting to be delivered, Where are you getting your material/stock from?

Go………

I order from Midwest Steel and Aluminum. Don’t be in a rush, it takes them about 2 weeks to process an order, plus almost and other week for shipping. Worth it for their pricing though.

1 Like

Metal Super Markets/McMaster

Metal depot online. You can get small cuts of expensive stuff. Slow as hell also but cost effective. McMaster Carr if you need it fast but you’ll pay for it.

1 Like

I have gotten decent prices on drop pieces from Ryerson.

Shupan for aluminum and plastics for me

1 Like

I have plenty of local vendors to choose from. If I want to buy scrap super cheap, I had to Metal Supermarket and rummage through their rems section. $2.50lb for aluminum

2.50/lb is a great price. I agree the best place to find material is a local metal house that has a scrap/discard/drop section.

1 Like

I have had good luck with Midwest steel and aluminum as well.

I can get most of what I need for machining projects from my local metal supplier. Anything that I can’t get from there, I get from Online Metals. It’s definitely more expensive, but I can buy whatever size piece I need and its usually at my door within 2-3 days.

I just checked their prices and they seem to be the best so far

I went on Ebay and found some really good prices on aluminum, It’s nice because you can usually find the size you need and it’s way cheaper than mcmaster. I should probably go to my local metal depot though and see what their normal and cutoff prices are.