What have you done on your CrossFire Pro Today?

Latest yard art project. You can change out the design inside and do whatever you like. Very cool to watch it move and hasn’t stopped spinning since I hung it up outside.

I got the hummingbird from a project with @Knick

Spinning Hummingbird | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

6 Likes

Nice work. That’s one my 88 YO old mom would love to sit in her yard and watch.

What gauge is it? Just wondering if you bent by hand or how you shaped it. I might give that one a try. I was thinking either 18 or 22 gauge.

I used 16ga and flipped it over in the vise and tightened it down on hanging tab and just bent to shape you want by hand. Don’t take much to bend it. Really is nice yard art

4 Likes

Not sure if you got it figured out yet but it looks more a pierce delay time an speed. Its fireing the touch and coming down as well as starting the cut before its even punched through the metal. Giving yourself more lead distance and showing it down a bit will help. Another thing is lowering the pierce higth will help punch through faster as well.

1 Like

Don, thanks for the info and the file.

I think I’ll try 18 gauge and see if it’s light enough to hang from a low hanging Maple branch. I might scale it down a little too, just for weight reduction.

My Mom has dementia and she sits and stares at the leaves when they blow. I think she’ll like it if I hang it there.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I got my mini PC setup tonight. Not going to use my Asus laptop near the table anymore. I bought the Beelink, Sansui monitor (not touch), wireless KB, and Suptek monitor mount. All total less than $300. I feel okay with that to protect my laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HC73GHS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B49JWRBZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YBBXYL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Amazon.com: Lovaky MK98 Wireless Keyboard, 2.4G Ergonomic Wireless Computer Keyboard, Enlarged Indicator Light, Full Size PC Keyboard with Numeric Keypad for Laptop, Desktop, Surface, Chromebook, Notebook, Black : Electronics

Also finished painting two of these Grateful Dead 1st album cover tribute items.

8 Likes

Don’t normally post my goofy yard art stuff. This kind of stuff is why I even purchased a plasma cutter. My design skills in fusion are starting to catch up with my visions in my head.

Wasp nest | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

11 Likes

That Hive will never last! No Queen

2 Likes

Thats why they look angry!

2 Likes

Good enough for the girls I hangout with…lol

Guess I’ll have to add this in the middle if I make another

8 Likes

@DonP
that is very artistic and very nice…well done!!

1 Like

Thanks…busy weekend and just got my second and final project I started yesterday painted.

46” Butterfly girl…

9 Likes

Are you going to fill that whole yard with Art?:thinking:

1 Like

good stuff

12 Likes

I always wanted a tattoo but couldn’t come up with what I’d be happy with for the rest of my life. Ya just found it… :grin:

4 Likes

Same sentiment here! :rofl:

2 Likes

Now that’s funny and you better pick up the pace

2 Likes

Found an open-box wheel dolly at Harbor Freight today. Had a different plan for it. Did some modeling, cutting (virtually dross free 10ga), bending, powder coating (Hot Coat Metallic Red) and assembly. Now I have an super sturdy, low to the ground, easy to roll 4in wheel platform for moving pots around the garden and house.

15 Likes

How thick have you bent with you Swag brake and how wide is it?