Ventilation and smoke management

4 Likes

7575dman@gmail.com

Do you have any videos of it in action?

As clean as that hose is doesn’t look like it’s been used yet.

2 Likes

I would like to see how much pull it has. That also depend on fan as well

Would you send me a copy of the file for this 3d printed duct?

So i dont have a table yet… doesn’t a lot of the smoke come out from under the sides of the plate, and not the cut line?

How much smoke do you have to deal with? Can the water level be maintained higher to reduce it? I’m in MN so when I get my table this is a concern for me as the garage is sealed up pretty well in the winter.

I’m in NH so my shop is closed up like yours. If you keep the water level pretty high there is minimal smoke but there still is some and it would be nice to be able to catch even more of it.

1 Like

What is the optimal level of the water? I’d imagine if it’s touching the bottom of the plate it can affect the plasma arc?

It can be touching the work but that can be a little messy.

1 Like

@BigFoot

In the linked thread, Langmuir responded to someone with the recommended water level (3/4" below top of slats):

Water level in table - how much? - CrossFire ® PRO / General Discussion - Langmuir Systems Forum

make sure you at least wear a proper mask for the black dust…

at minimum this is what you should wear…

this is a better choice

I even have a HRV air exchange system in my garage as well as a local circulation filtration system…

you can not be safe enough when burning metal

4 Likes

I wear that first low profile face mask you showed underneath my face shield. Replacement filters are pricey but but I’ve been able to buy some 10 packs for a half decent price.

2 Likes

I wear the 3M one you posted. I stick with it because it’s the only one I have been test fit and smoke tested for.

1 Like

@72Pony I have a 3m like that but am wondering what cartridge number do you buy for this type application?

Generally, the ones sold at the Lowes/Home Depot type locations are equipped for organics, like paint and pesticides.

I don’t remember off the top of my head. Not the ones they came with I’ll have to look at them and get back to you.

1 Like

rusty or dirty metal is where you get most of your smoke on top

only tested

I have been using the 2091 (P100) but the 2297 may be a better choice.

Here is what 3M has to say

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/474371O/respiratory-protection-basics-for-welders-10-2007.pdf

This is their welding specific brochure.
https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1028293O/respirators-for-welding-brochure-70-0716-7146-8.pdf

3 Likes

Very similar to my setup . I run a faceshield w an adflo and a halfmask

2 Likes