Using sheetcam with langmuir systems table

I just looked at my Sheetcam and that box under plugins us UNchecked also and everything has been working fine.

That tends to mean there is an issue with that spot on the line . Like something needs trimmed off or extended . I was taught to go back to the drawing program you are using zoom in on the area fix and save as rewriting over your old file than go back to sheetcam .click new job donā€™t save and import ur new drawing again . Go up to top I think itā€™s options than click plasma and put in your info ā€¦this works for meā€¦I try to fix two or three issue at a time . This is common with bought files if they donā€™t come from another plasma operator

1 Like

There is a icon selection in Sheetcam that will show you where every problem exists with white dots. When this happens I have Sheetcam open on one screen and cad open on the other and you can fix them pretty quick.

2 Likes

Basic question. It asks what type of document do I want to save it as? Thanks

What a GREAT gift idea!! Love it GREAT JOB!! Cant wait to start using mineā€¦if I can just get used to all the functionsā€¦I get frustrated.

I heard about sheetcam, but now just starting off, willing to try Fusion / mach 1st. Its ok to have 2 different programs & it wont mess with one another>

I am using Sheetcam almost exclusively, but still open up Fusion to look at things and I havenā€™t experienced any issues using both or having both on my computer.

Sweet and good to know. Thanks for your feed back. Mike in Orlando

1 Like

Anyone here use inkscape im new havent received table yet just wanna try the programs 1st fusion 360 is a nightmare. An if i understand it you can use inkscape then mach3 to cut???

You can use Inkscape as your design program and save the file as either SVG (better) or DXF (good). But you need to create the toolpaths & then the G-Code before you can have Mach3 take over.

Fusion 360 or Sheetcam for the toolpathing and G-Code generation and then to Mach 3 and the Crossfire.

So your workflow would be:
Design in Inkscape ā†’ Insert SVG into Fusion, create Toolpaths, Generate G-Code ā†’ Open .tap file in Mach3 & cut.

Or swap Sheetcam for Fusion. But you need Design, Toolpath definition, G-Code generation and machine control. Inkscape can do design, Mach3 can do machine control but you need another application to do the bits in between.

I am probably not doing something correct in sheetcam. I load the design from inkscape in to sheetcam as a dxf file. Run the post processor and this is what is generated? I think I am doing something wrong in the post processor step.

1 Like

Every time I use Sheetcam, I am reminded of how simple it is to use. Yesterday I needed the G-Code for a complex part and I was finished in about 5 minutes, with no errors or issues. Sheetcam for the win!

1 Like

And tight nesting is soooo easy!

1 Like

We just purchased SheetCam and itā€™s much easier to get around in. Havenā€™t tried moving the file to Mach3 yet. Thatā€™s next.

Here is a good video about creating path rule to slow the torch speed down for small holes and inside corners. Improved my cuts quite a bit.

4 Likes

Hi Rusty,
This may be a really stupid question but I need to ask. Iā€™ve purchased some files that are created in mm. If I bring them into mm in Sheetcam can I still use Mach3 for the Crosfile in mm? I believe I would need to change the settings in Sheetcam from inches to mm when bringing in the file. Iā€™m just not sure if the table will cut in mm.
Iā€™ve not worked in Autocad or Inkscape with files so Iā€™m not sure how I could convert an mm to inches to fit our table. When I bring my file into Sheetcam in MM itā€™s way to large for our Crosfile table. Everyone tells me we can change the size but Iā€™ve not done this before. I have a few purchased files that are too large for out table.
Is there a site that folks use where I can send them my file and pay them to convert it for me from mm to inches and our table size or smaller?

Thanks,

Bev

You can use the Scale function and use 1/25.4 as the scale factor so it will convert the mm to inches in your model before you generate the toolpaths and G-Code.

I havenā€™t used mm in my Crossfire models or running Mach 3 so donā€™t know if the Crossfire Mach plug-in requires units to be in inches. Mach doesnā€™t require mm or inches but the plug-in may. If I have time this weekend Iā€™ll give it a shot to see if metric models work.

Hi James,
When you say I can use the Scale function is that in SheetCam? Sorry, for so many questions. Thereā€™s so many pieces to this process. I have a couple files that I need to make smaller to fit our table. I havenā€™t tried that yet. I have downloaded Inkscape but havenā€™t had the time to learn how to downsize a SVG file for our table size. So, many pieces to the puzzle.
I will ask on the CrosFile side to see if anyone can answer our mm question for the table plugin.
Any help is appreciated.

Bev

Yes you can scale in Sheetcam when you import the drawing using the custom scale option in the pop-up that comes up. Once itā€™s added though you canā€™t scale it again like you can in Fusion.

Thanks James,
Now, another question. I need to makes some of my files smaller in size. Which product is best/easiest to do that? I have Fusion, SheetCAM. Inkscape. Iā€™ve not had a lot of time to learn InkScape but hope to soon. Some of my files just need to be made maybe 2" smaller to accommodate our table.
Is there someone or a place I can send the purchase files and have them scaled to what I need and make my life easier? Iā€™m waiting to retire to get into this fully but would like some of my files now.

Bev