Unable to open file

I have a file that I edited on the PC I have at my crossfire, all good, it opens and closes. But when I try to open it on my desktop, Fusion says “Unable to open” and it suggests some useless stuff. How do I get my plasma table PD (running windows 11) to properly update the file to the cloud so I can open it with my desktop (windows 10).

And, the file is showing up in the data panel on both machines. No obvious issues. I tried caching it locally, but no effect. Can I not work locally on the hobby version?

What kind of file are you opening?

If it’s a DXF or SVG my preference is to use the insert tool in fusion 360 instead of opening the file.

Here’s a nice walk through that

@ChelanJim put together on this topic Brand new; have many questions starting with Fusion 360 - #20 by ChelanJim

1 Like

No, a native file.

I did some digging a realized it’s a Fusion 360 version problem. Apparently my desktop is not updating (and my plasma computer is) and has not for quite a while. Now I have to figure out why. I think an uninstall/install is in my future.

1 Like

Okay, uninstall reinstall got me up to the latest version. Still no idea if it’s going to update going forward.

Interesting side effect, the 2Dprofile I had for this part was ‘from an old versoin?’ when I tried to post it. Had to delete all of the manufacturing and start over. Hmmm

1 Like

so you are having an issue with a F3D file? could you post it?

It wasn’t the file, it was the fact that my desktop version of Fusion wasn’t updating.