Twitch (and youtube) Live Streams CAD CAM

I ll have to look it up. I thought about buying a 3d connexion package but it has not happened yet.

This is my current mouse and keyboard.

https://www.razer.com/ca-en/gaming-keyboards/Razer-BlackWidow-V3/RZ03-03541900-R3M1

I really like using a mechanical keyboard instead of a membrane keyboard.
This razer stuff seem to come on a big “sale” every 6 months for 30-50% off , keep a eye out for that if you are in the market.

I bought this desktop in 2020 and get the same warning. As long as it is updating to the newest version of window 10 you will still be ok using Fusion 360 for the foreseeable future .

Great find on the software. I use a piece of software called antimirco for key mapping my SNES controller for use with FireControl.

now while searching for this link it look like a new version has been released. Antimirco X so something to check out if the og stops working for me.

I keep my left hand on the left side of the keyboard While CAD ing so all the hotkeys and key combos are right there. I have put the time in to become fast. I’ve been slipping some over that last couple months while ive been studying other thing but by the end of next week ill be done that quest and back to more CAD.

3 Likes

some recent twitch links

simple drawing to cam workflow with a evil Santa character

evil santa v1.f3d (1.4 MB)

Wind Spinner CAM

hum spin v4.f3d (2.4 MB)

Selection Tool

selection tools

2 Likes

Finally cut these 3/8 pieces.

6 Likes

I am going to do a narration-less CAD session reworking this mini fire pit.

A few small changes

2 Likes

I can see that I am going to need to get a lot better with my management style with components to be able to do something like that.

My style is more like finger painting: splash a body here, a component there.

Edit: You know a lot of us say “We don’t need 3D designing capability since our machine only cuts in 2D.”

I understand the implied meaning of the words and it simplifies the learning model when you are just starting with plasma CNC cutting. But many of our parts are interacting with a 3D world unless it is a flat plate hanging on the wall.

I made three different Rocket stoves from design to cutting but the part that I was always guessing with was how the crisscross pot holder structure would be sized with slots to fit on the top of the stove. With the 3D design, I actually assembled 3D model in the virtual world of Fusion 360, mated my proposed component and saw how it needed modification. By altering the component, I got the perfectly designed part. The first trial cut fit like a glove.

I did give some allowances but I did with the two other stoves, as well. The big issue with the first two stoves was that they did not fit without using a hand grinder to widen the slots. With the 3D design, there was zero fitting needed. It slid right on without as much as 1 mm of movement.

4 Likes

Doing a quick walkthrough for a fellow on the Autodesk Fusion360 Forum. I thought i d post it here too.

Re: 2D empty toolpath - Autodesk Community - Fusion 360

I’ll Start in about 10 minutes

oh no i accidently had my mic muted… :man_facepalming:t2:

autodesk forum exampl 1 v1_.f3d (1.5 MB)

The embedded twitch videos seem to be down again ,here is a link
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1851015208

1 Like

Here I thought it was a Twitch issue that I was not registered. Just Techno music playing. Darnit!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1851871789

Trying again with sound.

Doing a quick walkthrough for a fellow on the Autodesk Fusion360 Forum

Here is the file the goes along with the video . the screen are the same as my last post

Example Forum autodesk 2 v2.f3d (1.5 MB)

1 Like

A set of broad fork tines that i am nesting in a piece of flat bar

1 Like

Starting a stream in 20mins

Looking at a couple projects but mostly testing if the double live stream to both YouTube and Twitch

One of projects is one of there kids sandbox diggers

4 Likes

I have a lettering set I want to draft and cut for a customer. I’ll be live streaming the CAD CAM workflow in about 15 minutes

Live Stream Channels

2 Likes

Langmuir Forum CAD of flange from pictures. No talking just music. Quick morning stream starting shortly

Live Stream Channels

IMG_20230929_130237IMG_20230929_130309
inside of one and outside of another.

the tangent constraints were key to making this project work correctly.

2 Likes

They managed to cut those flanges between some chores. Thin, only 14ga ss

I used hypertherm fine cut consumables, low speed, book settings. No clean in these pictures

There about three and a half by two and a half in size the holes are 5/32 (at least that’s what I drew them I’ll have to check what they’re actually at)

2 Likes

@TinWhisperer
I’m setting up to cut some 16ga stainless and bumped my pierce delay to 0.6. I did my test cut and checked my 1x1 with few other things and everything looked fine. It seems I’m always adding 0.1 or 0.2 over book for pierce delay. What are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

@ I used the lo speed book setting for the hypertherm 85.

I have used the faster setting from the book with success too.

with a pro .38 second is about as low as you can set. under may fire or misfire or not fire at all.

note: the reduced cut and pierce heights from standard for ss finecuts

2 Likes

My business partner put it together.
IMG_20230930_141512IMG_20230930_141517IMG_20230930_141520IMG_20230930_141523
IMG_20230930_181406

They turned out great!

They look like mini-bathtubs or are your hands really that big? :grin:

2 Likes

I have another multilayer sign to design so Ill start another stream soon 415pm ish pst

still a work in progress

4 Likes

I must admit I was not really into the design and thought you picked the wrong font but at the 30 minute mark I told myself “That Tin is a genius!” Very Cool.

Im interested in how you putting it together and hanging on the wall. Please post some pics of back of it if you cut it. I always like to see how others put stuff together. It looks great!