Trouble shooting the torch squirt firing

Hello everyone, this place has been awesome for support and figuring out problems. I’ve searched and didn’t find… maybe I don’t know what to search. I got my first cuts done today and I was dialing in the settings on the plasma as far as speeds and stuff. Got some wonderful cuts after 8 or 9 tries as a small 3" square with a hole and two rounded corners. Very happy with what the outcome was.

With everything being so great I put a new sheet on to do an actual project and the torch would just keep turning on and off rapidly while it ran its route. Example picture of the outcome.

I thought maybe it was something with the new file I made, so I tried to run the previous 3" square again and it did the same thing. Squirt, squirt, squirt as it ran the program. I didn’t change any settings just loaded the new file.

Working on the Crossfire Pro, with a Cutmaster 52 and an SL100 machine torch. Everything worked while I was dialing in the settings. Not sure what I’m doing or not doing. I’d love some help, if you need more info I’ll try to answer what I know.

Is your THC working? If so it is running the IHS cycle before every arc?

Work clamp on the material?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @brownfox. So here’s me saying what a rookie move. I feel like when I started learning to weld 20 years ago. I went and double checked everything and all the connections. Every thing looked good… except the pesky work cable to the new sheet of metal.

Oh man… what a rookie! oh well, we live and learn. Thanks again for the help, it made my find my stupidity.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure to suggest that because I didn’t think the machine would keep trying the arc over and over. Weird.