Trouble cutting 3/8” with Crossfire Pro and Primeweld Cut60 (Not solved yet)

I hope you get this figured out!

1 Like

Your computer:
Windows 11 4 Gigs of Ram.
Fusion 360 Microsoft® Windows®
Windows 11
Windows 10 (64-bit) Version 1809 or newer (1803 and older supported until March 2023 .Windows 8.1 (64-bit) (until March 2023 .

CPU Type x86-based 64-bit processor (for example, Intel Core i, AMD Ryzen series), 4 cores, 1.7 GHz or greater; 32-bit not supported

Memory For Fusion 360 4 GB of RAM (integrated graphics recommend 6 GB or more)

Graphics Card DirectX11 (Direct3D 10.1 or greater) Dedicated GPU with 1 GB or more of VRAM Integrated graphics with 6 GB or more of RAM

Disk Space 3 GB of storage

Display Resolution 1366 x 768 (1920 x 1080 or greater at 100% scale recommended)

|CPU Type|3 GHz or greater, 6 or more cores

|Memory|8-GB RAM or greater|
|Graphics|Dedicated GPU with 4 GB or more VRAM, DirectX 11 (Direct3D 11 or greater)

These are minimum requirements!!!

I hope this helps

1 Like

More of a firecontrol requirement rather than fusion is what is being discussed.

1 Like

I understand what his issue appears to be. I’ve have read the entire post. He uses fusion 360 and should have a computer that can handle that program and the windows operating system. A $200 computer will not do that the $400 computer might not do that people did not understand just how much ram windows 11 takes up it’s a full 4 gig. If he wants to continue using fusion 360 he’ll need another 8 gig of ram and up to 6 gigs of video.

You should have a computer that has at least 16 gig of ram and 6 gig a video memory more video memory would be bette, The computer also needs to met the other requirements of Fusion 360 such as a CPU and vidio graphics card that meets the minimum requirements of Fusion.

I’m trying to help him undersand what is needed for the computer to meet his needs. Even though this equipment is less expensive than other plasma systems, the computer must meet the programming requirements.

2 Likes

I AM just looking for something to run FireControl, @ttoy360. Maybe not the bare minimum, but darn close to it.

FWIW, the Langmuir tech told me that one of the most common causes of FireControl freezing is incompatibility with the higher end “gaming” type graphics cards. He had a list of cards that won’t work, and said the basic factory installed cards are typically the best. Talking to him, it sort of sounded like the best computer for Fusion may not be a great computer for running FireControl, but I’m kind of out of my depth when it comes to this stuff.

Currently, I’m running Fusion 360 on an 8 year old Windows 7 desktop gaming machine that I bought at a garage sale for practically nothing. It’s old and outdated, and has even less processor than my laptop, but the kid that owned it stuck a real fancy gaming graphics card and a bunch of extra ram in it, and it runs Fusion without any issue at all. I tried to run Fusion on my new laptop, and it’s WAY slower.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to type all of that out, but I’m not trying to run both programs on the same computer. I’m more comfortable on the desktop anyway, and my workshop is way too dirty a space to move a desktop into it.

That, and I’m so far beyond out of money, at this point. I’m actually weighing ~$400 for another new laptop against just taking my losses and selling the whole setup on Craigslist. I’m just afraid with it “not working”, I’d probably really take a beating on the price. Though, I’ve got the current laptop listed on FB marketplace to see if I can take a little bit of the sting out of trying to swing the new one. I realize it * may * not be the cause of my issues, but I’m so sick of dealing with this stuff that I’d like to eliminate the variable.

Plan B is that it sounds like my current laptop * might * meet the minimum requirement for FireControl 20.6, but I can’t find those listed anymore…the Langmuir tech wants me to try it and see if it resolves my issues. Quite a few voices here calling for that experiment too.

1 Like

Fusion is dropping Windows 7 in march. Will likely still work for awhile but it will be considered unsupported.
You may be able to update to a supported version of window 10

" Note: Fusion 360 will continue to work on the operating system after the March update, but will no longer continue to update. Eventually it will stop functioning correctly, as it no longer meets the minimum system requirements to run Fusion 360."

Window 7 may already be on the unsupported list from their last support update.

If that is the case it is time for Langmuir to make and share a compatibility list for computers (cards) the same as they do you the plasma cutters.

edit .

looks like fusion’s end of life support for window 7 was January 14th, 2020 . So it been on borrow time for awhile

Fusion 360 Announcing End of Support for Windows 7.

1 Like

I went to Walmart, asked whom the computer geek in electronics department was. Showed the kid the requirement’s that Langmuir specified for a computer to run crossfire pro and cad and cam. I walked out with a hp windows 10 laptop that was more then I needed for 230. dollars. This was 4 years back, no problems with system. I have Inkscape, delta cad, Bend-tech, fusion360 for cad and sheet Cam for cam loaded on this laptop has worked fine for me. When I bought crossfire pro, I knew nothing about computers or using a cnc table, but I have been using plasma cutters for hand cutting for 40 years plus along with welding this has been pretty easy for me, I just followed Langmuir’s system requirements for what was needed to operate table.

@CrazyCasey I have even mentioned 20.6 and how well it has worked for me. Honestly if I was you I would try it. If it doesn’t answer your problem it will give all of us more insight.

@ttoy360 has given me a list that is 10x what Langmuir requires for FireControl 21.1.5, @rat196426, because he says FireControl’s requirements won’t run Fusion. So, I’m surprised that a computer you bought 4 years ago for $230 based on FireControl’s requirements then, meets the requirements for Fusion 360 or the latest version of FireControl, since the requirements seem to have changed with the latest release of FireControl, whenever that came out.

I don’t even know where to start with your comments @TinWhisperer, because it’s not like Langmuir’s requirements were easy to find in the first place, and that they should put out a list doesn’t help me figure out what I need to purchase now. But thanks for the great news! That frickin’ sucks! My Windows 7 machines runs 360 lightning fast compared to my laptop, but it doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements to upgrade to Windows 10; I tried that when I got it.

Since Fusion 360 is Langmuir’s “included software” they should list requirements for a computer that will do both.

This has been so overly complicated!

And I can’t find single computer on Best Buy that meets @ttoy360’s somewhat extensive list for any price. I’m assuming I’d have to buy something high end, and then add more memory, but I don’t see how something like that would survive living in a welding shop, in the first place. That’s why I need a laptop.

I appreciate the help, everybody, but I’m fricking over it. I can’t afford to buy another $500 laptop to run FireControl, and I certainly can’t afford to buy a $500 laptop for FireControl AND another new $1,500 Desktop for design software. Talk about hidden costs! Holy crap!

Crossfire Pro CAD is Fusion 360 @rat196426. Where does Langmuir list the requirements for that? Can you send me a link?

Do you know if they lowered the requirements for Windows 10 @TinWhisperer? I have a hard time believing the desktop isn’t at least a 1GHZ processor, but it said it didn’t meet the requirements when we tried to do it when Windows 10 first came out.

Maybe it runs Fusion so good BECAUSE it’s on Windows 7. I don’t know. My neighbor laced me into this thing.

Old news really that announcement was 3 years ago about Fusion 360s Window’s 7 end of life support date.

It’s definitely an option and a free option but far from the only option.

Any program that will produce a DXF file or an SVG file used in conjunction with either Fusion 360’s cam or sheetCAM .

Literally thousands of options and combinations .

Here are the requirements for Fusion 360.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Fusion-360.html

If a computer can run Fusion 360 it can easily run fire control

2 Likes

Looks like Windows 10 is what’s no longer supported after March 2023 @TinWhisperer

1 Like

Go to home on this site and hit system requirements all there of what minium requirements are for a laptop. You need to read through the Crossfire pro assembly and read the posts on this site. It’s clear that you have not done any research before purchasing the pro and you are lost…
I read every post on this forum before I bought my crossfire pro and looked into other company’s systems and settled on the pro. I knew that none of these were plug and play and that I had to learn computers and software. it’s been enjoyable for me past 4 years now and i purchased the Xr a few months back and it works great. Every day is a school day when it comes to cnc cutting.

1 Like

Fusion 360 says that for the best rendering performance, a computer that will play your favorite game will probably run Fusion 360 well. Langmuir’s Tech Support says that most FireControl compatibility issues come from high-end dedicated graphics cards in gaming laptops. They will tell me if my specific card has a compatibility issue, but not which cards are incompatible.

I don’t see there being much difference between the old and new fire control.

I believe you have been sent done a rabbit hole.

Seriously the first laptop I used had win7. Ran fire control and f360. It was so old I am sure the hard drive was stone tablets.

I don’t believe you computer is your problem completely anyways.

1 Like

Well, I can tell you that I did NOT read EVERY SINGLE post on this forum, like you did. And when I tried to turn my air pressure way up as you said was causing my issues in the beginning, that’s what made the O/C light come on on my first Plasma Cutter, that ultimately had to be replaced. So, your advice has been just nothing but helpful. Thanks for that!

If you read into it it’s only certain outdated versions of Windows 10. it would be unlikely anyone is running an old version of windows 10 unless they have not done a windows updated in two or three years.

2 Likes

I need to go back and try to upgrade (update?) again, @TinWhisperer. It wouldn’t let me do it when I tried when 10 first came out, but maybe something has changed. I’ve invested a lot of time in learning Fusion 360, far beyond the scope of its usefulness for our tables. I’d like to be able to keep using it.

1 Like

There actually is a difference, they have (FireControl 21.1.5 for compatability issues) and the langmuire site list the absoulte **(Minimum computer requrements) for the computer. Fusion 360 will not longer support Windows 10 after March 2023. Look at something like this computer to operate the programs and the table. https://a.co/d/8a4sHbL