Torch will not turn off when hooked to controller

Ok it did ask seller if it was hf start before I bought and he said no but he could be full of :poop: just trying to get the sell. Also I have a hf start plasma cutter and there is a very distinct nois it makes when starting that this one does not have. Just tested the relay and it is bad how do I go about getting a replacement

Wait I may have read wrong if I use the beep tester and it beeps when i touch the center pin and the outer part it’s bad? Because that’s what it does

Place one probe inside the barrel connector and the other on the outside. it shouldn’t beep.

Then in firecontrol, click on manual fire and do the same test, it should beep.

if it passes both those tests, the relay should be good.

Ok with controller powered off no beep as soon as I turn power on it beeps

remove the relay and try it your way again. if it doesn’t beep that time with power on , then relay is bad.

Also after some investigation does this pic look like a hf start system?

Also no beep power on or off with relay unplugged. Only beeps when relay plugged in with power on

I’d say its bad with it being stuck in the ON/CLOSED position.

1 Like

Yes agreed

The way to tell is what your consumables look like. They should look like this for blowback start:
https://www.amazon.com/NCON21-Pieces-Plasma-Consumables-LTP5500D/dp/B07GC8ZC4D

1 Like

It is a HIGH FREQUENCY plasma cutter…It will NOT work on the Langmuir table…

1 Like

George, is the photo shown in

a spark gap that’s used in HF start systems or is it just something else?

Yes they are the HF points. And as far as I know all Lotos plasma cutters other then the 5500 are HF.

@jetjohn250
our Guru of Plasma cutters @mechanic416 has cleared the air…it is a HF start…

do not use it on the table…that is why we ask for people to clarify what plasma they are using…

So many people are getting into Plasma that sales people will sell you just about anything to get you out the door

3 Likes

Thanks for the help guys! Got new relay in and ordered this plasma cutter should be in monday!

I’m super frustrated torch will not turn off no matter what it’s stuck in on position beep test proves it with new relay heeellllpp please everything works proper

Everything but torch control that is

My guess is you have the torch trigger wired wrong in the plasma cutter.

Torch is in the on position even if not hooked up to plasma cutter

Nothing hooked up controller is in on position