Torch will not fire from FireControl - SOLVED

Like others I’ve managed to assemble the table, aligned everything and I just ran the break-in program. So far so good. Spent some time learning the basics of Fusion 360 and generated my first gcode (a bottle opener). Just tried my first cut and the torch won’t fire. I tested the torch free-hand and it works off the table but it won’t work on the table even in manual mode fire. I do hear the relay click and tried reseating the relay and checking all connections on the board. Tried swapping the plug in the ports on front of the Razorweld 45 also.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Crossfire Pro
https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/u/langmuirsystems

1 Like

I can’t help you as I don’t have Firecontrol, but I will give you a +1 for doing the research, basic debugging, and providing all the information the others will need to help you. Good job!
I will add, that adding @langmuirsystems might help.

1 Like

If you disconnect the torch fire cable from the electronics enclosure and then short the contacts with a paper clip or jumper wire, does the torch fire? (Make sure the torch is mounted and safe to fire before doing this).

1 Like

Found the issue! Torch fire cable was not seated all the way in on the electronics enclosure receptacle. Pretty tight fit so I removed and pushed it back in so it was making good contact. Thanks for being so quick to respond. All is working and I just ran my first cut!!!

3 Likes

great…can you mark your thread solved…

Hello Toolboy, I see you on here a lot, I was wondering if you have heard of this one…
I finally made a program, loaded into fireControl did a dry run on the screen, looked good so I decided to run on plasma table; It tracks to the startpoint lowers down and bumps the material, barely moves and then stops , and I get a notice on the FireControl screen “TORCH STARTED MOVING BEFORE CUTTING VOLTAGE WAS SENSED” THEN SAYS INCREASE YOUR PEIRCE DELAY TO A MINIMUM OF .5 SECONDS. I am at 1 second.
I read on another page about swapping the the two front leads on the front of the RazorCut 45, When I did that it started by bumping the material then rising a little and completed the program…No torch ever fired and I received no warnings on FireControl, I also saw on that thread about making sure the little black box is plugged firmly into the board, still no fire.
I also tried firing the torch by the trigger as i have the hand style, And it Does fire and turns the air on.
Thank you in advance! -Rick

best to start a new thread on this…as this thread is 3 years old…

Switch the wires back. What thickness metal were you trying to cut? Too long of a pierce delay will have the same effect.

It never even sparked, 20 Ga mild steel, Thanks

Where is the torch on/off wire plugged in? It should be plugged into the torch on/off port on the electronics enclosure.

When you do get it to fire, 1 second is way too long for anything less than 1/4".

I will have to look, 1 second is what was put in there after I put my info in? change it to .5 second?
The line coming out of the metal enclosure marked torch on off, the other end is in the left hole on the front of the Razorcut 45.