Torch stops at same spot every time

This is a simple bracket I first made in InkScape and had this issue and then recreated in Fusion360. I’m having the same issue. The torch stops at or near the first joint when cutting loses voltage. At first I thought I had an open gap so installed an add-on to check and everything looks good. The simulation within Fusion360 and FireControl both pass. I have plenty of sir in an 80 gallon tank and pressure that the RazorCut45 at 70 pounds.

I 'm new to CNC and all things CAD/CAM so I know it’s something I’m missing. I have cut other things I’ve created in InkScape without issue so I know the table and cutter are working. Having used InkScape and now Fusion360, I think I like Fusion360 more because of the capabilities even though it’s more complex. I’m a Web Developer using Visual Studio C# / SQL /JS / etc so I’m use to complex theories and software, I just need to learn them. Thx Eric

AirPumpBracket2.dxf (9.0 KB)
Air Pump Bracket 2 v10.f3d (36.7 KB)
AirPumpBracket.tap.txt (11.5 KB)

1 Like

I’ll try to take a look at this file later.

I’m almost as much of a mazda fan as I am a Toyota fan.

I have a 1986 RX7 GXL gray with gray interior 95000 miles. Almost perfect except I haven’t been able to find a good quality factory radio to reinstall yet, then I’ll be able to get collectors plates and insurance… Garage kept summer only car. I probably haven’t put 10,000 kilometers on it in 20 years.

Thx. I have an early, 3/1978, 1979 rx-7, 1985 rx-7 GSL, and a 1977 rotary pickup REPU. The file is for a custom air pump bracket. Haven’t added any holes yet. Just trying to get the dimensions right first.

RX7 AIR PUMP tin forum .nc (1.6 KB)
Air Pump Bracket 2 v10 tin forum v1.f3d (97.4 KB)

seems okay but a lot of lines of gcode to get the job done. Almost 600 lines . With fusions CAM try again and reduced it to 80 lines.

your 1000mm per minute program speed or 40 inches be minute maybe to fast or slow for the material, what material are you using?

Is the program trying to run at 1000 inch per minute?

here is a live stream looking it over.

1 Like

Thx - this helps. I didn’t even pay attention to the feed rate when I setup the tool in Fusion. I now have it set to 100 inches per minute, 70 psi, and 30 amps. Right now I’m using 16 gauge until I get this working and then will use 3/16 foe the final product.

I’ll watch the video and remember this as a lesson learned. I have a new appreciation for mechanical engineers and machinist and their skills.

2 Likes