Torch not firing when THC is enabled

Ive had the Crossfire with XL upgrade for years. Recently I added the Z axis and a new Hynade Cut60DN with machine torch. My issue is when I try to run a program with THC enabled the torch will not fire. However if I run the same program with THC disabled it will cut just fine. The Z axis goes up and down between cuts and appears to be doing its job.

Voltage from CNC port on plasma is 117 vdc.

1.8k ohms when I do an ohm check from the CNC port on the enclosure to the X axis rail. I suspect this may have something to do with my issue and was told by support that anything below 10k could be an issue.

I removed the enclosure and ensured it is insulated from the CNC frame by checking the Z bar and ensuring rubber isolation washers were added to the inside.

Any idea why having THC enabled will cause my torch not to fire?

You may check to make sure the USB port isn’t touching the enclosure. Any error messages?
Are you running a laptop while charging?
Did you confirm you have a non high frequency model?

1 Like

how are you connecting from the cnc port to the VIM IN to VIM OUT? looks like the cnc port on that cutter is 1:1 so might be considered raw voltage.

If you’re going to DIV IN/OUT then that’s probably the issue. Divided uses 50:1.

I checked and it does not appear the USB is touching the enclosure and the laptop was not charging while running Fire Control. The plasma is confirmed a non-HF plasma.

Im connecting the CNC port on the plasma using a raw connection to the Torch and Clamp connections. Then through the PV output to the enclosure.

This is the error

What is your pierce delays?

Its .5 sec. I tried increasing to 1 and 1.5 with same result.

Are you sure the THC is connected correctly? It isn’t sensing voltage. Have you ran the THC test in fire control?

1 Like

What polarity?

Red for work clamp black for torch

1 Like

Test results

Resting Voltage

Live Voltage

Confirmed, red work clamp, black torch.

Is it possible your plunge rate is too slow?

Not sure. Im a novice at this and dont even see in Fusion where I would set Plunge Rate.

I don’t use f360 so I can’t help you. My thinking if it is too slow the arc isn’t transferring.
It is attempting to fire correct?
Someone will be along shortly to confirm or tell me I am crazy…:woozy_face:

Unfortunately, Fusion doesn’t provide an option for Plunge Rate. The post defaults to 20ipm.

so it doesn’t fire at all when thc is enabled? and by enabled, do you mean from within firecontrol?

i’m assuming you have the torch on/off cable going from the cutter to the control box.

The plunge rate has to be faster than 20 ipm right?
I use 100ipm in sheetcam

1 Like

He posted it cut fine with the THC off.

I think fire control is timing out before the pilot transfers

20 ipm is not terrible. I’ve been using that from Fusion for a while with no problems. I will agree that when I use Sheetcam, I have my plunge set to 60 ipm. (Just haven’t gotten around to changing the Fusion post!)

1 Like