Torch not firing when THC is enabled

it should still fire though. you can fire the torch in the air for a sec or 2 before it goes out.

I agree but firing in the air the pilot arc is what you see it has to transfer.
I just asked him to confirm it attempted.

It does make an initial very small spark then nothing but air. But when I turn THC off in Fire Control it cuts the program just fine.

Do you have another plasma you can hook up to eliminate the new plasma cutter?

Yes, it is connected from the cutter to the control box.

What pierce and cut height are you using?

.063 Cut Height

1 Like

Pierce Height .15

1 Like

How long does it attempt to fire one or 2 seconds?

Just to rule out the unknown, can you post your G-code with THC enabled?

I didnt time it but id guess about a second

1 Like

Pineappletest 3.nc (101.1 KB)
Here is the G Code file I am using

Based on your G-code - Your cut height and pierce height are .040" higher than your entered values. Your Pierce Delay is .5s.

You’re running a Miller Xtreme 375, correct? What thickness of material are you cutting?

Thats weird, the Miller 375 was my old plasma. It should be using the new Hynade Cut60DN. Ill regenerate the G Code making sure its selecting the Hynade and try cutting again.

No need. The G-code doesn’t know / care. I jumped to that by reading the G-code.

Here is what I see when I generate the G Code.

To remove the springback additions, change your springback value to -0.02. That should provide you with .15 Pierce and .063 cut heights.

Additionally, depending on material thickness, increase your pierce delay to .8s. The Fire Control enclosure seems to need .5s by it self to trigger the relay to command the torch to fire.

1 Like

The metal im cutting is .125 hot rolled steel

I will give that a try. thx

50 IPM is very slow to be cutting 1/8" steel. What amperage are you using?

2 Likes