Torch is to high

The torch is like 1/2 an inch off the sheet metal. Its like thc works for a small piece then stays 1/2 an inch off the surface. It goes down and touches but raises up to far to cut

Two things to try:

1. Look at the gcode to verify that you have the right settings. If you don’t know how to read it, someone would be happy to look at it to see if it is saying what you meant to say for cut height.
  2. Run the test cut height file that @Phillipw made. I am not at my computer so I can’t retrieve the file right now.

Here is a link to a previous post that explains the process to check the cut height.

Btw, how thick is the metal? If it is thicker than 10 gauge, you don’t need to have any “spring back” in the past processor.

Do you use SheetCAM or Fusion 360? I know you have posted before… I just don’t remember.

2 Likes

Double check your cut settings, sometimes a misplaced decimal point can drive a person crazy. I’ve accidentally put 0.6 instead of 0.06 cut height, took me a while to figure it out. It behaved exactly as you described though.

3 Likes