Torch fails to fire now

I have cut sheet after sheet with no issues. This morning after cutting a file at the school with no issue I went to cut the next file and the torch did not file. I tried the test on the THC and when I pushed torch fire it did not fire. Next I tried the manual torch fire on fire control which did not fire the torch. I also tried rebooting everything with no help. I next pulled the Torch fire cable out of the control box and jumped from the inside of the end to the outside with a wire and the torch fired with no problem. I checked the relay and it is seated. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks.

Do you hear the relay click when you try to manually fire the torch from the software? If not I would pull the cover off of the box and make sure the relay is fully seated. They can back out. If it is seated you could pull it out and test it.

No relay click, and I have confirmed that it is fully seated.

1 Like

create a ticket with langmuir to have them send you a new one.

1 Like

I put in a ticket, just copied here in case someone knew of something else that would cause it.

relays fail. It’s mechanical so it’s bound to fail some sooner than others.

2 Likes

It was actually my guess, the table has only been assembled since January, but it is in a school and has probably averaged 4 hours a day of run time. This problem happened once before and I shut everything down for a while and it started working, but this time nothing seems to get it back, so I figure either the relay or board are out.

So sounds like the next step is a relay. If you didn’t put your troubleshooting steps into the ticket, I would update it so they know what you’ve done it will likely cut time out of the process.

1 Like

They sent a relay which did not fix the problem, so they have already shipped a control board to me. I received notice of shipment within 15 minutes of emailing that the relay did not fix the problem.

3 Likes

have you checked these 2 connectors to make sure they are inserted all the way? one could be unplugged.

i would also check for continuity from port to pin on each one.

2 Likes

Yes they are firmly connected and I have checked continuity between the wires and the port. Also, the relay does not click. Langmuir has sent me a control board, hopefully it gets here in the next few days.

Update, my machine is up and going again after changing out the motion control board.

3 Likes