Top modifications after completing the build

Finally published my modification video, I’d love to hear what you guys think, especially the MR-1 guru bigdaddy2166!

14 Likes

Great video pal. Cutting my spindle cover as we speak…

Thanks for watching!!!

1 Like

Keep them coming my friend.

The spindle cover mod is a great idea. Is that LED light puck water proof?

Thanks! It is not, I put a little silicone and all the joints when I assembled it. I had that light on hand from a different project.

@WorkNPlay Thank you for your videos. I watched them on YouTube before I received my machine in February, and just used your spindle cover mod idea. Worked great. Really appreciate it.

I opted for the enclosure on mine, so here’s a lighting and roof mod that’s pretty simple. The lighting is self adhesive IP67 strip LED lighting from SuperbrightLEDs. They work really well at illuminating the entire work area with almost no shadowing.

The roof mod is two-wall polycarbonate sheet suspended by some square steel tube. It just sits on top, so it is easy to remove.

Here are some pictures.

7 Likes

Thanks for watching! Looks great! Did you set up compressed air and coolant with the coil lines?

Yes, exactly. Saw another MR-1 owner put a “Y” fitting on the pump to have a coolant hose inside the cabinet. Great idea. I added a matching air line as well and positioned both up in the cabinet so they are out of the way during machining.

3 Likes

If I had the enclosure, I would definitely copy that idea! Nice!

Love the lid solution. I’m definitely going to add that Thank YOU! :+1::sunglasses::+1:

ROVOR, Can you please provide a link to the coilhose source? Thank you

@JoeLightning You bet, here’s the link. The air side was installed as is. For the coolant side, I cut off the ends to open the flow. I used the black tubing that came with the MR-1 to make new ends. Wet the ends, then overlap the grey hose with at least 6” of the black tubing and some mini zip ties to keep it secured.

SANFU (PU) Polyurethane Reinforced Recoil 1/4”ID(6.3 x 9.8mm) x 10ft, Air Hose 300PSI with 1/4-Inch Swivel Solid Brass Quick Coupler and Plug, Gray(10’) https://a.co/d/1Uc9L22

3 Likes

ROVOR, Thank you - I just ordered two. Joel……