Tools and devices I have tried that work

One of the local cabinet shops upgraded sander and owner sold me this one for $500. It’s ancient but in very good shape. Was still in operation when i went to pick it up.
Compressor and refer got from the local auction for $900.
Being 3phase really limits the value in the homeowner market.

3 Likes

Finally got the slab poured so on to framing the clean room/powdercoat room on the back of the shop.

Damn rain shows how amateurish my finishing skills still are. It’s actually very minor and looks pretty decent

2 Likes

Now I am jealous!!!

Just seemed like a no-brainer for the next addition after the XR

2 Likes

Go BIG or go home!!! But you are already home?! :joy:

You need to get rid of that wheelbarrow. It looks like you got your money’s worth.:grin:

LOL, it was the last of that kind I had on the property. That’s what happened to it with the first load of concrete when pouring the footings under the slap. It just disintegrated. Once I start framing I have a major cleanup to do back there, in the meantime I’m just tossing all the debris there as you can see.

2 Likes

Did you snap a line when you cut the Siding? :rofl:

3 Likes

Don’t give him a hard time about that…I was helping. And we had a bit of a misunderstanding! :roll_eyes: :innocent: :joy:

I try to crop my photos because people look at everything you are not intending them to look at. It was the concrete he wanted you to see Knick! :grin:

I tried to help you @OldNBroken but the reflection on the slab, gave the cut away. I can’t help you. You are on your own:

1 Like

LAYZUR EYE!!!
Didn’t care because it all comes off once framing is up.
Yeah, only so much of that mess I could hide. lol

@OldNBroken that wheelbarrow shares a striking resemblance to your buckboard. Same vintage? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

4 Likes

For those of us without an account (req’d for the link you posted), can you say what is the cost of each coupler?

Amazon has them about $30 each. They are made by Rutland industrial. CLX-4-4-F.

Ruland CLX-4-4-F One-Piece Clamping Rigid Coupling, Black Oxide Steel, 1/4" Bore A Diameter, 1/4" Bore B Diameter, 5/8" OD, 1" Length Amazon.com

2 Likes

Yeah, I had looked at the Amazon offering for these, but shipping cost was really high.

1 Like

You can buy them directly from Rutland. EBay has them for 32 dollars. They are steel instead of aluminum with four bolts. They tighten down like a vise.
I have used them for several years now and no failures.

1 Like

You and everyone else here.

2 Likes

I’m not in the US and the Rutland coupler was crazy expensive to buy and ship (for what it is). A cheaper option that has the same function is here: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLYAmkO

1 Like

…cheaper doesn’t always mean cost effective. The ones that come with the table are “cheaper” and the threads strip out easily.

2 Likes

This is a perfect example of the Chinese stealing intellectual property. Been down
this road. I patented an electric motor shim many years ago. Got a US patent. They flooded the market with copies. Took them to court and won. I never saw a dime. They changed the name of the company and kept making them. My words of wisdom today are if you do invent something, sell it to a company and be done with it.

7 Likes

The supplied Langmuir ones I have are alloy with only two bolts. The ones I referenced are carbon steel with 4 bolts.