Took delivery of my new Pro w/Cut45 today in Central Oregon

@72Pony @Simsworx Came back to the machine after a while and now there is a yellow light flashing and one of the other red lights flashing on the THC board. If i click the enable torch fire and hit the fire button with the head about 1/4" off a pierce of steel with ground attached i can hear a click but nothing happens. The lights on the plasma show it’s attached and ready to work.

No gcode is needed for FireControl to do the straight cuts and firing the torch.

I ran across this posting. See what you think:

1 Like

@ChelanJim @I’ve downloaded and installed it several times. At least i think I installed it correct. I downloaded it, went into properties and unblocked the file then opened it and hit run, it did it’s thing and then the box said install successful came up and i closed it out. Is there anything else to do after that? I was working through the troubleshooter they have for the THC but the #1 test is to check the voltage at the machine 50:1 port while the plasma cutter is cutting. Mine won’t fire so I can’t go past #1 and the flow chart has nothing for that problem. I used a DVOM to see what the reading was on the torch on/off plug from the control box and when off it reads like 115mv it was jumping around, when manually firing the torch the voltage drops to 0 on the torch on/off tested at the box on the side the table. Not sure that seems right to me.

This might be a rabbit hole but you might try this:

1. Find the folder where the program is installed,
  2. Uninstall the program,
  3. Delete the folder and then reinstall.

Just so we are on the same page, we are talking about this program (USB THC Driver) not FireControl:

If that doesn’t work then I would get Langmuir support more involved (which you likely, already have started a ticket).

1 Like

@ChelanJim Thank you, we’re talking about the same thing. I haven’t seen that manual download link. I will try it shortly.

@ChelanJim I’m starting to think i should have bought an Arcflash. I went through the manual download and installation process. Reinstalled the driver for the THC and now when i try to manually fire it or run the dry fire test it turns the air on but the plasma still will not fire. This was my biggest concern when i ordered this thing. The support was not there. Not being able to call and talk to someone ticks me off to no end.

That is in your plasma not the table. What is your air pressure? Is the consumables stuck? You could have the torch holder too tight.

Phillip has a good point how is your torch mounted? Can you post a pic of your torch setup?
Have you tried running a program or have you just been trying to manual fire the torch? Try running a program and see what/if you get any errors on the screen.

You might want to start a new topic under “software” and explain what is going on. Namely:

You might link to this topic in your opening topic entry. The thing is that most of the lead users will not keep stopping by the “Introduction” topics. You need a bigger pool of people to help. I am glad to see @Phillipw , @72Pony, @Duhicky and @Simsworx are continuing to stop by, as they know this stuff better than I do.

Please respond to what @Phillipw and @72Pony have asked. They might solve your issue quickly. Both have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours with the Langmuir system, the CAD/CAM and practical problem solving for themselves. I suspect the same with the other two users that I mentioned.

3 Likes

I have a similar ROG laptop and am very happy with it. It performs well for both Fusion 360 and FireControl.

I didn’t have much CAD experience (any?) before getting my Crossfire Pro. YouTube is your friend here. Find some good tutorials and take the time to play/pause and follow along the steps. This helped me anyway.

The first part I designed and cut was a simple 3” washer. It was simple and gave me the confidence to move on to more complex projects.

Good luck on your journey!

2 Likes

I don’t believe this is a software issue, if you manually fire the torch from Firecontrol and you hear a click the software is telling the board to fire the torch. That tells me the problem is between the control board and the plasma cutter. It has nothing to do with THC.

If I were you I would (with the plasma cutter on) disconnect the torch on/off wire (see graphic) then CAREFULLY jump the ends of that connector. If the torch doesn’t fire then the problem is either the cable or the plasma cutter, if it does fire you know it’s in the langmuir control box. We can troubleshoot from there.

3 Likes

He said he was getting air the last time so he should have communication.

1 Like

Yes I reread and see what you’re saying. You are right it is in the plasma cutter. I have difficulty with these long posts that are long but lack information. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have a hand torch available? If so you can test the plasma cutter with that. If not I would take the torch consumables out and reinstall and see if that resolves it. If this is a new plasma cutter bought from Langmuir you should open a support ticket on it right away. @langmuir-reilly

@ScottNH, @Wsidr1, @Simsworx, @Phillipw, @ChelanJim and @Duhicky…Drum roll please…

I think I’ve found the problem.

The machine torch lead has pins in holes #1 & #9. Inside the plasma holes #1 & #9 are connected together to the spade terminal, The white 2 pin connector has pins in holes #4 & #5 but there is nothing in the machine torch lead plugging into them. I looked through the plasma wiring section on the website and the handheld torch has all 4 pins. All it says about the machine torch is it’s plug and play. I’m guessing there are some pins missing or in wrong locations as right now they both connect together inside the plasma. A google search hasn’t helped yet looking at images and reading other posts. Does anyone have any info on how this should be?

What makes me scratch my head is how did it know to turn the air on with both pins connected to the same terminal in the plasma. I would think it needs them separated to distinguish the signal changing from the control box unless it just applies more or less voltage to the line through the wires to engage the air. Ooh how I love China.

first thing is again, does the hand torch work if you pull the trigger? if so then it’s wired correctly.

The fact that only air came out when you did a manual fire with the machine torch indicates that the trigger connection is working.

what is the interval reg psi set to?

1 Like

I have the machine torch, there’s no trigger to pull.

I have the machine torch, no trigger to pull. 85 psi.

how did you know that air was coming out? did you run a program or manual fire in firecontrol?

either way will imitate the torch firing via the relay in the control box.