Tip of the week

I purchase my steel in 4x10 sheets cut in half.So when im cutting i have alot of metal hanging off the side of my crossfire.When i started i used a harbor freight hydraulic lift cart to support the metal hanging off.This method work but i still had some bowing of the metal.I wanted to build a bigger support table around my crossfire but that would take up more space so i ended up buying these kobalt out feed supports from lowes that work great.

3 Likes

I have one of those and have been doing the same. Not sure what brand I have but mine can be configured to either support with a roller, stationary or like 6 multidirectional roller balls (my preferred way)

1 Like

Yeah i believe the ball rollers would be better.

I use these also. Got mine at Harbor Freight and are identical except for the color

I’ve got a handful of these jacks, they’re indispensable if you work with heavy steel or vehicles.

Quite a few accessories available too, under the options tab. I made a roller head attachment that clamps to the v-head for doing large round parts on my weld positioner.
http://www.sumner.com/sumner/sub/productb/galopt.29.7.9.29.0.0.html

2 Likes