Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 60I

Sorry I couldn’t do more. TD tech support is awesome. Hope they can get you going.

1 Like

the link to the manual is above if you need it.

1 Like

Managed to sort it out. I Isolated the relay circuit on my 60i’s PCB (pin 12 & 14 @ plug J069) and was getting continuity during cutting while the THC was off. Probably a beginners error but what I realized was that the “OK to move” relay and light were only actually switching after approximately 0.5 seconds of the arc being established. I realized instantly that all that was required was a longer pierce delay to get the torch height controller to read the divided arc voltage before moving and tripping the error. Not sure if that delay is common but it took 1.5 seconds of pierce delay @ 40amps through 3/16" mild steel to make it happy. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to get my cut master 60i set up exactly like you’re showing here. I just installed the automation card and I’ve read through your other post about which pin goes where but can’t seem to figure out exactly how you have these pins. Is pin 5 jumped to only pin 12? Or am I missing something?

I need to do a better write up with a clear schematic but I’ve been super busy…for that I apologize. Here’s a down and dirty drawing of the wiring mod. Pull pin 5 out and insert in pin 12. Jumper between Pin 5 and pin 14. Pin 12 will be the “new” DV- to the VIM box.

You’ll need 2 new pin terminals to make the jumper for this mod. I’ve looked for a source for the pins but not 100% confirmation on what I’ve found will work. I think these will work but not for sure.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B073T6RVD3/?coliid=I1V1RQ0P568GML&colid=3JC7ZJ37NT5Q6&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2 Likes

I need to clarify that the mod is done in the plug-n-play cable end…NOT the Automation card!

Thank you so much for the extra clarification. I have pins on the way now and I hope to get it running soon.

1 Like

Ok so I got the pins installed and everything is wired correctly. I also have the automation card set to 50:1 DV. When I start the THC test my resting voltage is 0.0 even while cutting. Think its possible that my VIM is faulty?

Is there a chance that you could have the polarity backwards?

Does it pass the THC test? Have you tried to make a cut? I’m not home so I can’t go to my table for reference.

I checked the polarity both ways. Same results.

When I tun the THC test is says is passes with resting voltage at 0.0. When the test continues to the arc test the torch fires no problem. After that the test fails saying that the voltage during the arc test was 0.0. I can use the table to cut but only with the THC off.

Unscrew the back half of the cpc plug and make sure the pins are all seated in it. It’s possible one backed out of the connector when you plugged it in to the plasma cpc port.

Heres how I have the pins set. I took more photos at different angles but I cant upload more than one photo.

How are you plugged in/out of the VIM box?

Looks like everything is wired right. Did you get it working? I’m home now (for a few days) and can look at and compare pics and stuff to my machine.