THC with new pro / everlast plasma

Alright guys, finally found some time to mess with the plasma cutter. After talking with Mike, he suggested it would be best to wire the plasma cutter with raw voltage. I did and the THC works great!!! Now for wiring… upon following Langmuirs instructions for wiring up the THC for Raw Voltage, you will need to connect the black banana connector to pin 7 and the red connector to pin 5. Now it is your responsibility to check the cnc port pin out to make sure it is the same as the Everlast 50s, as that is the plasma cutter I am using. I would assume they would all be the same, but again it is your responsibility to check. Hope this helps some of your guy’s out

3 Likes

Awesome man. Thanks for the installation help.

My table has hit a snag because Langmuir sent me 2 left hand bearing carriers (I think that’s what they are called). I am somewhat aggravated with Langmuir on this situation too. Their customer service was great up front and they responded within 30 minutes to my message. When I mentioned that I was in a tough spot because I my crossfire table just sold and I had customer work to get out I was told they would ship the part Monday in a 2 day USPS box. Sweet, I can make that work.
Then on Monday morning I get UPS ground tracking with a delivery date of the following Monday. Well that just sucks because I would’ve paid the priority difference (I doubt there even was a difference in price). Luckily for me the tracking has updated and it is showing Friday (tomorrow) delivery now.

The #1 thing that I am most annoyed about is that Langmuir has not responded or acknowledged my last 2 messages. I was messaging them to try to change the shipping so I could pay for the quicker option. It is annoying to me that they screwed up a second time and have not even acknowledged or responded to me. Very confusing considering how great the customer service has been until this point. They just should’ve told me up front that it would be UPS ground shipping so I could’ve paid for quicker delivery.

I get it man, but Mike, Daniel and the rest of the Langmuir team are trying their best to be 1 on 1 with every customer, and answer every single persons questions. I’m sure it can get pretty hectic for them at times. Hopefully your customer understands and you don’t lose business because of this delay

1 Like

I do understand that and I get it. There’s nothing I nor my customers can do but wait at this point.

Aside from my issues, do you think the quality of your cuts has increased with the new table, software and THC?

You’ve got to love not having to worry about bowed metal anymore. Warped steel has made me want to pull my hair out.

1 Like

I love it! Fire control is a breeze to use and does everything that we would need without all that extra stuff like Mach 3. You can check me out on Instagram at 1up_fabrication. I post quite a few videos on there using the table

2 Likes

Ok so we both have the same cutter. I read the manual and also hooked up pin7 black pin 5 Red. Fire control see the THC but it wont let me enable it on the left hand side.

@rccrazy30 Can you please send us a support ticket request to support@langmuirsystems.com. We’ll want to make sure that your THC drivers are properly installed and that your THC is connected to your computer.

Thanks!

just did. Also I did manually install the drivers just to be sure

Well I’m in a wonderful mood after winding down on my table assembly and discovering that I’m missing another part in my shipment. I only have 1 side skirt. Awesome.

PS one of my big customers did not understand my delay and canceled the order. It was for a movie though. He had a schedule.

@clemsontravis Did you let Langmuir know you needed another part?

It certainly is unfortunate to have issues with a new machine mine isn’t running yet either due to issues. But the guys are doing everything they can to resolve issues that arise. They want the machine to be as good as we all hope. No one likes getting phone calls/emails about stuff not being right. I run a business that has 1000s of pieces of equipment out in the field it sucks when we get phone calls stuff isn’t right.

Considering were all it Batch 1 I expected there to be issues if I were in the spot that I had jobs lined up I would have kept my original crossfire around until Im comfortable the new machine is good to go.

Hope things get better for you.

2 Likes

I figured that I’m a bit of a guinea pig being Batch 1. I was Batch 2 on the original Crossfire so I had benefit from all of what they learned with the initial buyers. This time I’m in the first wave (but on the backside of it since I’m just getting my table assembled now) and figure feedback helps them with Batch 2.

The advantage of the website doc is that they can (& have) changed it as they get feedback. So I’m downloading the manual when I work on the assembly. That way I’ve got whatever they’ve last updated.

2 Likes

I was in Batch 1 on the original corssfire I think my serial # on the first one was like 43 and the new table is #37. When I got the original my lead nut came in all broken so I had to wait a few days but im sure out of that they changed the way they packed that part.

1 Like

Ok, I’m an outside observer in this particular discussion as I’m a CrossFire only buyer, not CrossFire Pro purchaser, but I will say that the whole premise of an offering like CrossFire Pro is that Langmuir is offering a totally new system for an affordable price AND offering the first and second batches at a good discount precisely based on the understanding that this is a new system and may have some glitches. Makes sense, you get the first ones, you get there first, but you’re part of a unique squad of testers who will get an initial chance to build this new system into something great that those, like me, might come in a bit later and rely on a fairly robust system at low cost. The point of this approach is that you’re part of an initial trial group to shake down this design and get t working.

Those who complain that this isn’t ready to go and turnkey reminds me of the saying that “Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part” although in this case, it’s more about how you view an initial offering of a new technology. If you see this as a low cost entry into a ready to go turnkey system, you have some learning to do. If you see Batch 1 as a way to get a very good system, from a very good company with a record of good service, and an opportunity to influence the ultimate outcome of the product then you’re probably more likely to flex when it comes to hiccups in getting that first system working.

4 Likes

Of course I did @KX9M. They have responded.

My complaints are solely based on Langmuir saying one thing and doing another which has caused me extra down time. I understand that mistakes happen but if you offer an option for shipping then do it.

Now the question is can I fill up the water table and start cutting without a side skirt? I don’t really have an option at this point. Guess I’ll throw a ratchet strap around those 2 legs and get it going.

2 Likes

There ya’ go!! Thinking on your feet!!

2 Likes

Langmuir did confirm that I will be OK without the single side skirt until it comes in. They said load the water table and cut away.

1 Like

@oneupperformance Hey man. Can I ask where you locked in your pierce height, plunge rate and cut height on the 50S? Just curious if you have found the sweet spot with the numbers yet.

1 Like