THC Upgrade and PrimeWeld CUT60

Updating; I must say Langmuir is practically instantaneous at wanting to provide resolution to any issues one may experience.

I didn’t request the missing hardware at the beginning, it’s too affordable and easy to get.

They sent me a replacement leg the same day (arrived the next) to replace the leg as I received an incorrect one.

And last but not least, already got a shipping notice today based on my inquiry regarding the Z-Axis assembly. Now, I don’t know if they just sent a coupler (I could’ve bought one myself) as I stated I will not be able to remove it so it’ll be useless. It’s the socket cap screws that are stripped and will be a pain to remove without damaging anything else.

2 Likes

Another update; the order is indeed a Z-Axis coupler which I specifically stated would be useless.

I figured I’d say screw it and stop asking to fix things.

Decided to install the correct replacement leg as I just got it and realized it was the leg itself.

Well, these plates that the casters screw in to are absolutely hard to get out without damaging them…they really expected me to reuse it?

sigh

Another email inquiry here we come.

Why is the coupler useless? It’s not that hard to loosen the old one and remove the motor from the top of the assembly.

1 Like

I think that is why

1 Like

It’s hilarious that people miss the part that the socket cap screws are stripped. They’re rounded inside.

Though I guess I can disassemble the entire assembly, and use a mini cut off tool to cut the coupler off the shaft of the motor and screw, use the new coupler, and supply my own hardware.

This is way more than I should expect to do for a new system for an item that initially requires no user involvement whatsoever.

i cant remember the brand but there is a set off allen head wrench that grab in the flats and not the corners. makes damaged screws easier to get out. may check local hardware store or hf store.

2 Likes

@Kwikfab , I suspect the reason folks are “missing the part that the socket cap screws are stripped” is due to a misunderstanding of what is stripped. I took it that the screw threads were stripped, not the head/ wrench. Your issue makes total sense now. -Steve

2 Likes

One reason this may happen is people may not read through these posts like there getting paid.
Remember people are here on their own time trying to help, So they may miss things. Think of it like this:
These guys are here trying to help me for free and I may need to go out of my way to provide them with the info they need to help me.
When things like this happen to me I try to remember that, if LS did not make these very reasonable priced plasma tables, I would not be able to afford one or want one.

There are always going to be some people that have failures on low priced equipment. Two ways to fix that, spend big money and get one that someone will fly out and fix it for you, or fix it yourslef.

6 Likes

Any man-made product is going to have hiccups/problems, no matter how much $.

5 Likes

But if you spend enough, someone will come and fix your hiccups/problems :grinning:

I didn’t miss the fact that the screw heads were stripped. I just don’t understand the reluctance to make the repair.

Yes, it sucks that it wasn’t right in the first place. I know when I buy the cheapest version of a tool, I’m going to have to make some upgrades or re engineer it to work properly. I guess I just like to fix things.

7 Likes

Simply because I shouldn’t, it’s not difficult to understand really.

I completely get this isn’t a high end machine, and understand it’s mass produced so one hiccup every several hundred could be expected. But multiple inconveniences that stop someone mid-way through setup? Leaves a salty taste.

I can easily unbolt the assembly for the Z-Axis motor and cut the coupler off. I can easily drill out a hole in the “incorrect” leg to utilize the tube spacer provided. I could absolutely go in and fix the multiple inconveniences.

I shouldn’t have to though. I paid for a product and it should be as expected, with minimal issue if any.

I too love making and fixing stuff.

But I also put value in my time, and would rather focus that time and energy where it matters whether it’s for a personal project, one for a loved one, or one that pays me. My time isn’t worth more than yours by any means, nor yours more than mine; we simply have a different value on our personal time off that’s all.

1 Like

On another note, and I said it before, Langmuir without question replies and is quick to resolve the issue.

So yeah there’s been a few things here and there, they absolutely stand behind their product so I cannot say anything bad about their service.

2 Likes

When connecting the torch on off wire to cnc plug does it matter which wire goes to which pin?

I have read on this site that is makes no difference if you reverse them. I believe he also talks about that in this video:

Primeweld Cut 60 on A ( Langmuir Systems Crossfire PRO… ) - YouTube

1 Like

It doesn’t matter which wire goes to which pin for the Torch firing cable.

2 Likes

Having seen a reference early in this string in reference to the wiring of the CNC Connector to RAW instead of Divided. In the Primeweld reference manual it shows the Pin out for RAW uses pins 5 and 7 in lieu of pins 4 and 6. Does anyone know whether this change would be adequate to eliminate the use of the VIM box ??

The VIM is always needed, regardless of whether you hook up to raw or divided voltage. You just change where you plug the input and output on the VIM.

3 Likes