THC just shooting progressively further away from the work

Hand torch works fine, but I have a drag tip on my hand torch

Do you have torch holder for hand torch?? Does electrode move freely in machine torch?

Yes, the hand torch holder came with the machine.

Though not sure why, as when I had issues using the hand torch it turned out that they sent me a drag tip hand torch.

So that’s out as an option to finish cutting things out :unamused:

You can change the shield… I would say the one off you machine torch will fit it.

Fair enough, though how would that solve the issue?

I get that it could, but I’m curious how before I go pulling it apart and rerunning cables and such

Don’t rerun them just hold them by hand for a test the issue may be in you machine torch. That’s what I am thinking from your YouTube video looked to me like your pilot arc wasn’t transferring.

Hand torch works by hand, took the consumabkles out of the machine rtorch and stuck them in the hand torch, and they worked fine.

Put the hand torch consumables in the machine torch, see if that changes anything…

And now it works, beautifully I might add… literally no change to the individual physical components…just moved them around.

All the same parts, all look the same…

Just switched parts around and suddenly it works.

My guess is the plunger was stuck. Happy cutting!!! Wish you could figure out exactly for future reference.

Maybe, unsure.

But it’s working again: And it fixed itself - YouTube

in case it does it again. if you leave consumables in torch and don’t use it much the plunger can get sticky. when you put the electrode in you should be able to move the spring loaded plunger by pushing on the electrode.

Can I spray in there with something like WD40 to keep it all free and easy?

Some kind of preventative maintainence?

i wouldn’t i would just try to remember to take consumable out when do so it can dry out faster.