THC fires but doesn't seem to move up /down like before

Hello everyone, I was off the machine for a couple of weeks and we made a few items to cut, so nothing has changed. Well, I ran a simple cut of just a bird with an outline…its small. I moved to an open area, and started…the razorweld 45 goes down towards the 16gauge , fires but doesn’t seem close enough to pierce the steel. we checked the VIM box connections and made sure the green light on firecontrol can see the THC…(it says v1.090)FC is ver 1.1
I went back to something I cut 2 weeks ago and the same thing happened…the torch used to go really close and up and down a couple times, then fire and cut perfectly…now it goes more than a 1/2 inch away…it does fire …I probably changed the tool setting? I don’t know where to start…oh i also tried a straight cut 3" cut speed 72 turned on IHS and .5pierce delay and it fires but thats it.

typo above…Crossfire is v 1.1 and FC is 20.4

Did you use the old G-Code or regenerate it? With the old code it SHOULD act the same. With new code it COULD be a change to your settings.

1 Like

So you’re saying the torch doesn’t touch the metal during ihs?

1 Like

@TomWS @nicaDd So i used both of your ideas…and found a troubleshooting guide too…so we cleaned off the space where the ground was too…but I regenerated the gcode and tweeked the “new” version and NicaDd it didn’t touch…only got within 3/4 of the table…so Andy had to remove the gun to clean out the water table and we realized we screwed it back into the Red LS fixture up real high…so we lowered it down to about 1 1/2 inches off the table a BAM…it worked! Thank you guys for your tips, I used them both to get my brain working again after 2 weeks of not playing with it…Lisa & Andy

1 Like