Sure has been quiet in here lately! Where is everyone?

Well it was a busy night last night, and it’s gonna be a busy rest of the day today! Then I’m done with everyone elses gifts! Just doing my own!

79471389_2204046966563793_4640839174100877312_n

79833927_507365659870962_1823631307016503296_n 79871111_770046230167982_8459296624751935488_n 81035780_467168973991421_7212136974960820224_n

2 Likes

And a few more… Feel free to ad your projects! I love seeing them, and get bored of reading the same old posts on here… You know the ones…

This was a little girls favorite Christmas present, she is our riding groups mascot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great Work!!
What gauge metal is most of your work? Do you paint over “torched” metal to get that look?? If so what type of paint are you using for the finish?

Again AWESOME signs!

All the signs I have been posting are 14g. I do paint over the torched metal with metal cast paints. Thank you for the compliment! I really just do this for fun, but the money isn’t bad either! Just got an order for 8 more of these monograms from 1 person!

1 Like

And now they are ordering them for double letters!!

Are you selling through a local store on consignment or something?

Just word of mouth from those I made for Christmas presents… Posted on my facebook page… Actually, here is the trickery…

The split letters I had downloaded, contained about 3 layers of lines once imported… So I went through each letter, cleaned it up, joined any open paths. Then I choose a font I liked and started putting in text and saving them (with screen shots) so I had a template made, just open it up, change the name, do the rest of the stuff to make it a cuttable file, then I had an Idea…

I went through my friends list on facebook and started using the last names of my friends for my templates… Then posted all of my screen shots A-Z on my facebook page… I got 19 orders that night! I have been posting all the letters that I have made real signs out of, and I’m swamped with more orders! I have like 30 of these to cut out right now…

1 Like

Clever :grin:

Definitely paid off!

I hadn’t noticed that the scroll work was the same in each letter. The different letter sizes hides that so each is a bit different than the others.

I hadn’t noticed that either! It works though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I finally finished some of my daughters Christmas gifts. “Our” thing is watching The CW DC comics shows, she loved The Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow. I haven’t designed the Legends yet, but I finished The Arrow, cut The Flash… Here we are so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a few more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love the flag…

I’ve started ordering parts for my z axis and some of them came in today, going to do the Tool Junkie method. I am going to try and get the limit switches and initial torch height going then I will see about doing the THC.

2 Likes

Why do you have two stepper motors? And why the additional power supply? Was it all part of a kit?

1 Like

idk about the extra motor but the Power supply is to power the inputs. they need 24V

1 Like

What inputs? Not the motors, they can be run off the existing CrossFire power supply. It should have plenty of ‘juice’ for this task.

1 Like

for the home/limit switches

1 Like

I’ll have to look back on Tool Junkies setup and videos but I believe that he took the larger motor off of the z axis and used the smaller motor to help with the weight?

And for those of you who are old enough, this may be “the rest of the story”

Yeah, I took a quick look at the videos and now understand what he’s doing, and, since it’s a ‘kit’, no point in worrying about the specifics. Reducing the motor weight makes sense for Z axis and the proximity switches need more voltage than 5V and probably not good to add the load to the CrossFire 5V since it’s supplied by the PC’s USB port. Not sure about the response time of the heavy duty torch relay, but, again, my questions have been answered. Thanks to you and to @nicaDd

1 Like

how much did you pay for the red board? I found one on Amazon for $20.