Sure has been quiet in here lately! Where is everyone?

I don’t know, post a picture of your latest work I guess??

5 Likes

Stuff I did this week,

6 Likes

Yeah wish we had more project posts.

The Newest project for a customer. Will post pictures once the sign is installed

3 Likes

This is a popular paint job, I call it burnt orange candy. Torch the metal, then spray orange metalcast over it, then clear.

4 Likes

Marine Corp Birthday gift someone ordered :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really nice work. Good clean cuts.

1 Like

It’s been cutting pretty good for a while now, I got a 5 gallon bucket of dropouts, and a stack of skeletons piling up! I gotta go through my scrap and start cutting Xmas ornaments or something!

1 Like

Great job Dicky, that looks fantastic!

Thank you! Trying to finish up this 2 piece (now 6 piece) Memorial project. Something skipped a beat and offset my Y axis a little, maybe I was going to fast… So the 2017 parts didn’t line up, expecially the O. So I cut some little numbers that are fatter and will cover the orginals, super glued them in place, then welded them from the back side. I’m almost done, top piece is painted hammered black, drying right now… Sanded metal will be clear coated and you will see it through all of the cutouts in the top layer

2 Likes

All finished! Ready to deliver!

4 Likes

Nice looking sign, I just hate the event.

It’s a memorial, so… :slight_smile:

Dicky, for the Marine Corp one, did you just use a flap disk to clean/shine it up and then clear coat it?

Just a flap disk, no paint at all, they wanted it raw

Here’s another before I go on vacation.

4 Likes

Did you use SteelF/X patinas for this one?

Nope, metal cast yellow over torched steel

3 Likes

Cool. I don’t have a gas torch (Tig welding instead) so I have to get the color treatments through chemicals :blush:

1 Like

That metal cast yellow over the torched steel looks awesome. Have you ever tried brassing any of your cut outs?

1 Like