Split letter monogram questions

A.dxf (56.6 KB) Here is the actual A we used .We started with the posted A then switched to the one I just posted.I should add. On my PC I can trim as fast as i can get the trim tool on the line.On either of them. The first was a file he had. We tried mine with the same results on his PC. And when importing the A. His is about 3 inches tall and mine is like 18 inches tall. My A on his is about 3 inches tall but 18 on mine. So was womdering about a setting that would caust that.And inch setting selected on both PCs. And thank you for any and all imput.

this file has way fewer line segments. it doesn’t have units information so it’ll depend what the doc settings are and the import settings whether you’ll get 18" or 18 mm. Again no problems with trim tool on this one. which font are you using in your tests? I’ll try that too

1 Like

Im at work so cant look . I do it on my home pc. Its the default. Arabic I think it is, And Bold. And im not sure what kyler was using. I remember mentioning Bold but not what font. OK its Arial . Bold/ I was close it started with an A.

ok so I inserted the text “test # 3” in. The model was the largest size so 18" or so, had no trouble trimming until I got the the bottom of the 3 where the lowest outside curve met the monograms horizontal line. I trimmed the lines from left to right but I did the 2 curves at the bottom of the 3 first. The one on the left was fine but the one on the right trimmed just short of the monograms horizontal line so when I went to trim the monogram line it selected the whole thing and deleted it. The odd thing is when I undid all the operations back to the beginning I couldn’t repeat it. Before I did that I had to zoom way in to see the gap. to make it work i extended the curve on the 3 then trimmed them off again That’s when I tried to undo everything back to take screen shots and it wouldn’t happen again.

I think it trimmed the line back to a node instead of a vertex. Also something I noticed about fusion and these from-the-wild dxf files. if I open the same file on more than one computer they will report a diferent number of nodes so the geometry is being calculated different from computer to computer. Could be different display adapters do the calculations differently.

Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. It’s the first chance I’ve had to look into everybody’s suggestions. Turns out somehow I did have the letter and text in different sketches. But thanks to everybody that helped me out.

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted out!

1 Like